1: 𝗈𝗁, 𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗒

"'𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤' 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥.      '𝘪 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶,' 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥. '𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥'"

It was the beginning of fall, warm weather with a soft breeze fluttering through the air to send leaves to the ground

It was the beginning of fall, warm weather with a soft breeze fluttering through the air to send leaves to the ground. They twirled and flipped as they slowly moved towards the green grass. People walked by me in a rush, everyone in their own world and not really paying attention to anyone else. 

My eyes were focused on someone though. 

She was sat on one of the many park benches, obviously sketching something in a sketchbook with one earbud in her ear. 

I couldn't take my eyes away from her. 

Dressed in a long-sleeve beige sweater and a simple black skirt with cute boots, she looked so unreal. She had short, dark curly hair and dark skin. I couldn't tell much else because she was looking down at the sketchbook that was placed on her lap.

"Papa?"

I was too focused on her that I didn't hear Axel's voice or his hand slipping out of mine.

Before I could stop him, he was sprinting away. Towards her.

"Castor!" I shout at the small boy, running after him.

He doesn't slow any and continues to rush to the beautiful girl that's too lost in her own world to notice what's going on. He stops in front of her and just stares. Like a fucking weirdo.

I finally make it to him, grabbing his hand back in mine to pull him away but before I can, she looks up.

Holy mother of fucking jesus.

Wide blue eyes stare up at me, making my body freeze and my heart beat incredibly fast. Her plump pink lips slightly part while her cheeks get tinged with a light blush. Dark freckles are sprinkled over her cheekbones and nose.

"U-um, c-can I help you?" She stammers out and my heart once again flips.

Her voice is so soft, barely reaching my ears. It's filled with warmth and a sense of calmness.

"O-oh," I stutter out, trying to remember how to talk again. Am I even breathing? "N-no, sorry for bothering you, ma'am."

I go to pick up Castor and take him away but he moves away. "But papa!" He wails and I give him a hard look in return. "I need to tell her something. Please!"

He sticks his lip out and tilts his head to the side, giving me puppy eyes. Well fuck. There's no way you can resist that face.

"Okay," I murmur.

Squealing, he snags his hand out of mine yet again and hops onto the bench next to the girl, who looks bewildered. Castor motions for her to lean down and she complies.

I watch as her blush deepens and her small dainty fingers fiddle with the edge of her skirt. Scars cover both of her hands, one on the right going down the entire back of her hand and down her arm some too. My eyes land on the sketchbook that sits on her lap. 

A detailed drawing of a fairy covers the page. The wings have flowers drawn in them and the fairy's hair looks like wind is blowing through it. It looks incomplete but it's still beautiful. 

Castor laughs, followed by the prettiest sound I've ever heard.

The girl giggles quietly, her hand coming up to cover her mouth. My knees become weak and I suddenly feel winded.

She's literally an angel.

"Sir?"

My head snaps over to her.

"You can sit i-if you want to. Y-you don't have to though."

I stay still for a moment, taking her words in. I nod my head at her and take two slow steps forward, sitting on the other side of her.

My hand brushes against her leg, and I swear I feel tingles.

I try my best not to stare at her like a weirdo, but I fail miserably. She's just too goddamn beautiful. Breathtaking.

"What's your name?" She asks Castor.

"My name's Castor," he responds with a sloppy smile on his face. "And I'm four!"

"Well, it's n-nice to meet you, Castor," she says, grinning back at him. "Mr?"

"Hm?"

"W-what's your name?"

"Hades," I answer. "Yours?"

"Isadora."

"Isadora." The name rolls off my tongue in a sweet melody, the taste of it sweet and elegant.

She turns away from me and I take notice of the way her hand tightens around the cloth of her skirt. On her left hand, tiny scars cover the entire thing too. I stare at her hands listening to the two of them converse, Castor mostly talking about his love for nerf guns and princess dresses.

"Do you know BTS?" He suddenly questions, sitting up on his knees.

She nods her head and hums.

"Really?! They're my fav!" He exclaims, bouncing up and down.

My phone pings with a text. I pull it out to see a text from my mom saying that Castor and I better be there for dinner.

I completely forgot.

"We have to go, Castor."

He pouts, crossing his arms over my chest. Isadora's eyes sadden but it disappears quickly.

"Come on, Grandma will be mad if we're late," I remind. His eyes widen and he scrambles off of the bench.

I pick him up and place him on my hip, looking back at Isadora.

"Sorry for taking up your time."

"I-it's alright. Hopefully, we'll see each other again," she speaks, her voice getting quieter towards the end.

"I hope we do," I whisper, mostly to myself. "Goodbye, Isadora. Get home safe, yeah?"

"Bye-bye, Hades. I will. Goodbye, Castor," she replies, waving cutely.

"Bye, Dora!"

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 928

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 928