When supper was done, Fugui and Xiaoguang came back carrying a shovel and a hoe, their clothes were soaked with sweat. Xu Cao and Xiaoxia saw them, and hurriedly took two buckets of hot water out, "You go back to the house and take a bath before you come out to eat. Hey, at this time, the big guys are busy planting corn. Okay, please ask someone to help open up wasteland. You don’t have to be so tired.”

  Fugui grace, took the wooden barrel in Xu Cao’s hand, grinned and said, “By the way, please ask someone to dig a well in the yard to make it easier to drink water. "

  Xiao Xia was still a little restrained when she was eating, but Xiao Guang opened his stomach to eat.

  The two of them had been busy all day, naturally they were very tired. After dinner, Xiaoguang went back to the room and rested. Xiaoxia helped clean up the kitchen.

  It was already dark, and there was no entertainment in the village. Fugui and Xu Cao had a rest early, and Fugui hugged Xu Cao and would whisper, and soon fell into a deep sleep.

  Through the moonlight shining in from the wooden window, Xu Cao turned to look at the resolute face of the man next to her, only feeling soft in her heart. She stretched out her hand to touch Fugui's face, pursed her lips, and then closed her eyes and leaned against Fugui's arms.

  In the past few days, the people in the village were busy planting corn. They heard that Fugui family was going to invite people to open up wasteland. All the people in the village ran over after their farm work.

  The village is full of strong laborers, and Xu Cao and Fugui are paid high wages, so naturally there are more people coming. In less than a month, ten acres of wasteland have been opened.

  Ten acres of land is enough, that is, the paddy field that Xu Cao is looking for hasn't settled yet. Following Fugui  invited people to drill a well in the front yard.

  Forget the days, Xiao Guang and Xiao Xia have been here for a month. Xiao Xia usually helps with cooking, brings seedlings, and goes to the mountains to chop some hogweed. Xiaoguang was tired this month. Xu Cao gave him six hundred wen and Xiaoxia fifty ren.

  Xiaoguang stared at the six hundred yuan in his hand, raised his head and asked stupidly: "Sister-in-law, didn't you say one hundred yuan when you were busy? Why... why did you give so much?"

  Xu Cao smiled: "It was said that you gave me a hundred wen to help me with the farm work, but now it’s a wasteland and it’s tiring. These six hundred wen is the money you deserve. Keep this money, and you’ll be able to build a house in our village in the future. , So you can also have a place to stay."

  Xiaoguang laughed stupidly when he heard the words. On the side, Xiaoxia was a little uneasy. She looked at the six hundred yuan in Xiaoguang's hand and said, "Sister-in-law, there are too many. You still care about us eating and drinking. It's too much."

  "Where is it?" Xu Cao smiled and said, "Look at how tired Xiaoguang has been in the past month. You can keep the money. If you save enough money in the future, you can go out and build a house. Then you can help me with work, and I will pay you the same."

  It's not that Xu Cao never thought about buying the two of them. It's just that when there was such an example in the village, when someone said later that she had made a lot of money and still bought a messenger girl or something. Moreover, she never thought about asking someone to serve her, just wanting to find two people to help. Now with Xiaoguang and Xiaoxia, she doesn't have to be too tired all day long.

  Xiaoxia didn't say anything, and asked Xiaoguang to collect the money. When Xu Cao left the room, Xiaoguang handed over all the six hundred yuan to Xiaoxia and said with a smile: "Sister, you accept the money. We can build two of thatched house  by ourselves in a while. Then went out to live."