Chapter 9: Who are you really?

Start from the beginning

"I don't know when we leave, yes it is cool, those are Logan and Ryker and it only hurt a little. Now if you listen you may get all the answers." Blaze bumps his sister's shoulder playfully, she smiles and waits quietly.

Ria's parents come over and hug them both and so do Blaze's parents.

"Ok, welcome everyone and congratulations on being either a rider or Isalor." Ethan begins the conversation.

"We will be leaving in about 3 days, and that is mainly due to us having to get another rider out here." Scarlett who hadn't said much the entire time speaks up.

"The school is free dress other then you should wear certain types of clothing. Here are lists of what you will need." Scarlett explains, everyone nods understanding.

"Weapons are allowed... and uuuh pets aren't..." At Ria's expression she continues. "However because Titan is a wolf he can come." Ria looks at Scarlett with confusion.

"Wolf? Titan's a dog..." Ria looks bewildered at Blaze and her family who shrug.

"Nope, 100% wolf. But he choose you so you can bring him." Scarlett points out as though it's obvious.

Ria stutters for words but falls quiet, unsure how to answer that.

"Ok so, you can bring snacks but there is food there. If you go on missions or anything you will receive money if you are successful. Any questions?" Ethan adds.

They all shake their heads but one of the parents has a question. "Can we visit them? Will we see them at all?"

"You can visit but only during the days that are set up as visiting days. They can visit but need the Headmaster to approve." Ethan again responds, Ria still thinks he looks familiar and can't shake the nagging feeling she should know him.

"Do you recognise Ethan from somewhere?" Ria whispers to Blaze, he looks at Ethan but shakes his head.

"Nah, I don't. Should I?" Blaze whispers back. Ria just shakes her head but continues watching him.

From somewhere behind them a dragon roars and lands next to Scarlett, the dragon is green and has a leafy look to it. "This is Terran, my dragon, he is as Earth dragon." Scarlett rubs the dragon's snout and he rumbles happily. Another shape lands but beside Ethan.

A wyvern.

But not any wyvern.

A sky blue wyvern with darker blue wing tips.

Ria recognises this wyvern, it's Nuruu.

Nuruu? Ria mindlinks the wyvern and it spins to face her.

Ria... Hi? Nuruu responds in uncertainty and looks at Ethan.

Why are you with Ethan? Ria glances at Ethan who is looking at her and Blaze.

Uhm... The wyvern stutters, because?

Nuruu! What is happening?

Well... you see... funny story that.

Ria glares at the wyvern with confusion but determination. Nuruu?

Fine... Fine... Ethan has to tell you or you won't believe me.

Ria gives the wyvern a pointed look before looking at Ethan who is talking with the parents.

Fine.

o-o

Twenty minutes later everyone is leaving except Ria, Blaze and Titan.

"So Ethan... who are you really?" Ria glares at the poor dude, he sighs resigned.