Taking responsibility

"Y/NNNN"

"What, you keep calling my name and without honourifics"

"But I wanna call you Y/n, it'll bring our relationship closer"

"We're not even friends to start off"

"We're not...?"

"We're not"

"...Meanie"

She sighed heavily, clearly not enjoying the male's company and unnecessary remarks. Suddenly, she began rubbing onto her temples once she sensed continues pumping, as if her head were to burst any moment now. 'Maybe...I should've listened to sora kun and not work overtime' she thought letting out a sneeze, earning an embarrassed groan. She winced as she noticed small drops of blood on her hand. 'Fuck, it's that time of the month is it?' (No not a period)

Dazai halt his footsteps and began to stare at the back of the H/c head girl with a vacant look. "What is it dumbass?" she muttered side glancing towards him while sniffing.
"...I thought the ground shook for a moment" he commented in a ridiculed tone, letting out a snicker.

"I'M GOING TO SHOVE YOU BACK INTO THE RIVER!"

"REALLY?! PLEASE DO~"

...

"Where the fuck were you?" Asa commented leaning to the side once noticing the bandaged male holding onto his coat while smiling as a greeting.
"Jumped in a river, now move" Y/n commented casually, pushing her sister aside and proceeded to walk in, kicking her soaked shoes off in the process.

"Whatever, you can get sick for all I care, just why is he here?" Asa uttered closing the door once dazai had walked in.
"Because of me he also jumped in. I can't let him walk home with wet clothes"

Her sister stared with a dumbfounded expression, as if not believing the words spilling from her dear older sister.

"You being kind...scares me"

"Fuck you"

...

"You can change into these" Y/n commented offering baggy clothing that in fact belong to her, though she knows they'll fit considering their height and body size aren't so different.

"After you shower put your wet clothes in the washing machine on the first floor beside the backyard doors" the male blinked a few times as if trying to comprehend the H/c head's calm state before smiling like a giddy child.

"You really are a kind person, even to those who may be the worst" dazai commented absently not intending to spill his current thought process but just couldn't help it. In response he was given an eye roll from the officer.
"I take responsibility for my actions, that's that. Now go" she pushed the male roughly into the bathroom and proceeded to close the door.

He let out a faint chuckle at her reaction to his words before pausing once something between the baggy clothing had fallen onto the ground, he raised a brow
He wondered what it could be before mustering a soft smile at the sight of rolled bandages beside his feet.

'How kind. Makes me feel bad for getting closer' he thought bending over to grab the bandages and gently stroked it with his thumb.

'I'm getting soft...'

...

'Dammit, I feel dizzy' Y/n thought attempting to regain her balance while walking towards her room to grab a fresh new pair of clothes but only ended up accidentally banging her head on the wall. She winced whilst rubbing her head that was now thumping in pain and flashing red.

"That was priceless" a voice behind her commented with a snicker.
"Fuck off Asa" she muttered clearly not appreciating her remark and stuck up the middle finger.

Her sister leaned onto her own bedroom door. She narrowed her gaze, clearly wanting to say something. Eventually she did once she thought it over.

"Guess who called" she commented in a malevolence tone earning Y/n to turn her head, taken aback by the change of attitude. Meeting her sister's coloured eyes that did not resemble her's nor her father's but rather her mother's so vividly and she adored that so much, merely the thought of having someone that resembled her mother comforted her in ways she didn't understand. (they're honey, so pretty)

"Haru" she muttered in a reluctant tone, expressing a calm expression only to hide the fact that she was clearly in distress.
"Well, did you answer?" Y/n inquired by now completely facing her sister, her expression now composed.

They both fell silent, not daring to break the now thick tension lingering in the air. The hinting anticipation laced in the officer's tone made the sister uncomfortable as if she knew her answer already. When there was a family member calling from your phone instead of the home phone, it only means they have nothing better to say than bad news.

"I answered..." the H/c head furrowed her brows at the response not liking it one bit.
"...He wanted to speak to you since he wasn't able to reach your phone" Y/n slowly comprehended her words before mustering a grimace only to quickly replace it with a smile.

"You don't have to worry. I lost my phone in the river that's why" she walked over to her little sister then placed her hand onto her shoulder.

"Whatever the reason...I don't want to find you answering his calls, or any other family member at that" the officer's tone quickly shifted to a menacing and seething tone, clearly wanting the warning to etch deeply into her sister's memory. She was doing this for her safety, for her true family to live with no worries whatsoever.

"...I won't, I just want you to tell me everything is going to be ok, and no one and I mean no one is going to get hurt" Asa commented gripping onto Y/n's wrist and continued to stare at her sister, her distressed expression she was attempting to hide now surfacing her facial features.

Y/n fell silent for a moment having to bite her tongue to confess the instinct feeling she's been having lately and instead pulled her sister into a warm embrace.

"...You've gotten shorter" the H/c head remarked with a snicker yet her eyes glinted an expression of fury.

"Say that again I dare you"

"Asa is short~"

"I'll be planning your funeral"

"I'm telling mum~"

...

"Shit" Y/n muttered staring at the thermometer with an unfazed expression.
"Of all times, why now?" placing the object beside the sink she proceeded to tie her H/c hair into a tight bun after blow drying it.

She then walked out of the bathroom with her  uniform drenched with the river's scent, placed onto her forearm ready to throw in the washing machine.

She was currently wearing a short, black night gown with a baby blue coloured robe embracing her tall figure. Yes, her clothing was revealing and yes, she knows Dazai is currently in her household and could try anything if he could. Although... she frankly doesn't give a fuck, if she likes what she wears she's gonna wear it.

Walking passed her room she suddenly halted taking a few steps back once noticing tablets on her bed. A warm smile crept on her face, for a second she was able to forget how exhausted and furious she was for just one sweet moment and was reminded of the family she loved so dearly. How on earth could she let such precious people deal with such tainted, sorrowful troubles that could scar them for life. Y/n wouldn't be able to live with herself if she found out what had happened those years ago was repeating itself all over again like a broken record.

"And this is Y/n in middle school, isn't she just gorgeous, a splitting image of her father I say" a deadpanned expression quickly approached it's way to Y/n's face at the sight of her mother sitting on the sofa beside dazai who was completely attentive to the photo album being shown to him.

"She looks cute"

"That's right, you sure have some great taste son"

"What the actual fuck is this?"

Fuck this chapter is short
Anyhow you're tall, you're welcome, at lest a few inches from dazai's height
Peace ✌️