Another day

Author POV
Every step you took felt as if you were walking on top of the judging eyes that gaze your way. You know all too well the glances people give you, making it quite easy to block off.
'Of course the boss would want to be on the first fucking level'

Looking around you notice the quite murky and depressing environment the headquarters seemed to address. You expected nothing less from the Port Mafia, it would baffle you more if they tired so hard with their appearance. Although, hating to admit it, you seemed to take pleasure in a certain area where tall windows with various shapes and colours illuminated the faint moonlight in the night sky.

"Excuse me, what's the time?" you asked a tall male beside you.
Without sparing you a glance he awaited for his boss's command, in which he responded with a flick of his wrist, beckoning his approval.

"1:30 am"

You cussed under your breath wishing you hadn't known. "So, I have work in 4 hours. I need you to speed this up" you commented before raising a brow at the sound of a small chuckle from the bandaged male.

"I'm sure boss won't take too long with you"

...

After cussing at the bodyguards who began pushing you into a large room as if you were some sort of zoo animal you turn to the strange male. "Hey, I know you can break the hand cuffs, hurry up and do it" you spat, your patience already running thin every time both your hands accidently touched.

"Oh my, you haven't changed one bit" a deep voice commented nonchalantly.
For just a moment, the familiarity of that voice shook you to the core following with the agonising screams of your bones not knowing what instinct to rely on.

Slowly you turn to meet the one man you absolutely despised stare at you with a friendly smile and kind eyes. "How have you been...L/n san?" he uttered in a carefree tone whilst patting your head like you were some helpless pet disqualifying any suspicions and walked over to his seat.

You curl your hands into fists until your knuckles practically turned white, but worked hard in controlling the emotions on your face. Although, you were never the type of person to hide what you were thinking.

The man who proceeded to set some of his paperwork aside lifted his gaze to you then the bandaged male. "Oh, don't tell me you had to use force, dazai kun?" he commented wryly, staring at the handcuffs attached to his wrist and yours.
"No, I simply wanted to provoke her" he explained with a shrug of his shoulders.

'Dazai...dammit that name is actually really pretty'

"I'm quiet surprised you aren't yelling or pointing your gun at me L/n san" the boss commented shifting the conversation back to you. For a moment his smile had disappeared at the sight of your eyes fuelled with burning rage even as you attempt to control your facial expression.

You sighed, unclenching the jaw that was biting down on your tongue and spoke nonchalantly. "Calm down old man. You always make everything about you, fucking bastard" you say, pleased that your voice was not wavering and at least sounded firm, but trying to ignore the crawling insight to shoot this man as many times as you felt was so hard that you might just let it take over.

Oh how you hated this type of situation, talking to the sickly mafia boss that is.

"You really haven't changed, it's really cute honestly" the idea to compose your emotions was now thrown out the window as you stared at the male with a look of pure disgust and furry.
"SHUT UP YOU SHITTY DOCTOR. Just because I'm attached to this asshole doesn't mean it's holding me back from slitting your throat" you yelled aggressively before sighing knowing this was the exact reaction the bastard wanted giving the laugh he was mustering to hide not too hard.