"Aww, did you miss me?" Keith teased, imitating a high-pitched childlike voice while jotting down information in his folder.

"You wish."

Keith suppressed a chuckle. "So, how are you feeling?"

"A little sore to be honest but aside from that not too bad. I took a little nap earlier, so I feel pretty refreshed actually."

"Micah, with you, nothing is 'little'."

"Oh haha, someone brought jokes today."

Keith smiled. "Anything else I should know about?"

"Nope. Everything's fine for the most part."

"Good, good...let me just get the—ah, here it is," Keith remarked, looking through Micah's chart. "I just wanna check on your vitals and—oh hold on—thank you, Maggie!"

A distant, you're welcome sounded quite far from where Rachel and Isabel stood. Just how huge was this place? How much room did he need to roam around? Just thinking about this situation made her head spin.

"Alright, so everything looks in order. You haven't grown in weeks, so it looks like you might be stabilizing." Keith explained, flipping through some documents, beckoning him to come closer.

Micah leaned in, tilting his head to the right, making sure he heard Keith correctly.

"Go see Maggie, she's gonna need to take another test for you. Shouldn't take that long."

"Ugh, another one?" His giant friend groaned, "You're killing me, Smalls."

"Hey, do NOT use offensive language in my building, sir. That's discrimination. Someone just might report you to H.R." Keith joked, looking up to a cheerless giant, who just rolled his eyes.

Micah couldn't help but smile, as he shrugged his shoulders. "Fine... what do I have to do?"

"That's for me to know and for you...to go ask Maggie." He pointed to the opposite end of the room, where they both saw her wave.

"Oh, now you're just fucking with me!"

"Um, language! Sir, this is a family-friendly establishment, and I will not tolerate a potty mouth of that scale." Keith teased, capping the pen, and placing it in his jacket pocket.

Micah couldn't hold it in anymore and had to laugh at that, walls around him reverberated inside the space and behind the closed doors, where a disgruntled Rachel stood covering the innocent ears of her confused daughter.

His laugh didn't last long. Keith quickly noticed Micah's mirth quickly diminish and he inwardly cursed at himself for letting the f-bomb-as he called it-slip from his lips. His giant friend's face dropped, his shoulders slumped, forcing Keith to come up with a convincing excuse to his impending question.

"Have you... heard from them, Keith?"

From the other side, Rachel heard the sadness in her husband's deep voice and couldn't restrain a similar solemn feeling that enveloped within her as well. The pang in her chest swelled feeling though that she should reach out and tell him everything will be okay. Despite any fear she felt, she'd lie to say that she didn't consider his feelings, even for just a minute.

"No, I haven't." His best friend replied normally, standing up to leave. Technically, it wasn't a lie. And any other day unlike this, he felt like raising hell on Rachel for putting the guy through it.

Micah's face fell and sighed. Turning, he muttered. "Alright, then." And walked towards Maggie to perform another test.

Keith kept his gaze in his giant friend's distance. Once the scientist received him, with a thumbs up, it cued him to go fetch the girls.