Brookie's Loyalty

Start from the beginning

"No, you idiot. You're still alive. Get up."

Jisha kicked the player, presumably a man, in the stomach.

"Oof!"

*-7*

The man clutched his stomach but didn't make any other moves.

"Okay..."

Jisha furrowed her brows.

With an annoyed expression, she dragged the man over to the green grass and tossed him on the ground. Though the man's character model was slightly larger, it didn't matter. Fae Sol was level 7. She could easily pick up and throw other players short distances.

"Ugh..."

After emitting another unsightly noise, the man slowly struggled to his feet while inspecting his body. After he confirmed he wasn't injured, he sighed in relief and looked at Jisha.

"Thanks for saving me. I'm Brookie."

"I know," Jisha said as she looked at Brookie's nametag above his head. "Also, you don't have to do a battle damage check like that. Injuries aren't realistic in this game yet."

"Ah, right. I forgot that you can see others' names... But what do you mean by 'yet'...?"

*Crap.*

"Um... As VR technology advances, won't things like injuries get more accurate to reality? It's a natural consequence of innovation."

"Right, of course. Wait, what's your name?"

Brookie was surprised by the fact that he couldn't see Jisha's name. Shahar's Nightwalker hid it, after all. She wondered whether she should answer this question.

"Uhh... This is unlikely, but you're not related to Asunder, are you?"

"Ha... I actually am a member of Asunder. Why do you ask?"

*What a coincidence.*

Jisha grabbed the collar of the man and pulled him close. He didn't resist.

"Well... It seems like your organization leader is after me. You won't report me to him, right?" Jisha whispered in his ear.

Brookie gulped in nervousness.

"No... I won't."

"Good."

Jisha smiled as she let him go.

"I'm Fae Sol. Good to meet you," she said as she stuck out her hand.

"Haha... Good to meet you," Brookie said as he stuck out his hand in response.

As he was about to shake her hand, Jisha materialized a Cinnamon Bun in her outstretched hand. Brookie grabbed it, surprised by the unexpected texture of what should have been a handshake.

"Agh, what..."

Brookie inadvertently grabbed the Cinnamon Bun.

*I wish I had a whoopee cushion, but this is good enough, I guess...*

"Take it. You've lost some HP, after all."

"Huh... Thanks," Brookie said as he inspected the item.

After confirming its effects, he hesitantly put it in his mouth. But after the first bite...

"Wow, this is delicious!"

He ate the whole thing in a matter of seconds.

After fattening him up, Jisha was confident that she could get information from him. So, she cut straight to the point.