Memories

(A/N: Hey hey hey!!! I'm back from the dead. I miss y'all so much and I've had most of this done for quite a while. I finally have a 'free' weekend, so I decided to finish it. I have so many ideas and I'm so excited to continue uploading. As of right now, I'm writing the next one for y'all. Please let me know if you have any ideas for me to add in future chapters. Also, if you can or want, please vote & comment on my chapters. If you ever need anything, message me. I'm always here for you. I hope you love the song I put here, heheh... where my 1D/nostalgic music lovers at?! Have a great day/night, loves!!! <3)

(Jayson's Perspective)

Some memories never fade. "Daddy!" I smile, hearing one of my favorite familiar voices, as I put my phone away. I look up and gaze ahead of me, taking in the view of my mom, Brandi, hand-in-hand with my son, my little junior a.k.a. Deuce. My son lets go of his grandmother's hand and races up to me. I meet him halfway and lift him up into a warm embrace. I haven't been able to see him as much as I would like to, since I'm a NBA player. In between practices, film sessions, extra practice with Drew (my personal trainer), and other events, I haven't been able to find much downtime. Even so, I take all that extra time and attention and center it on my little wingman and my other family members. Family has always been one of my core values. They're the reason why I'm in the current position I'm in. There will never be any words to describe how thankful I am for each and every one of them, who's backed me up with my dream.

"What's up, my little man?" I adjust him, so he's comfortable in my arms, while I look at him and smile back. I didn't think having a kid would make me happier than I already am. I was already pretty content with where I was, but I guess I was wrong. Of course, raising a kid is a responsibility that requires all your focus, but that hard work and effort pays off. Seeing them happy makes you feel the same way. It boosts your confidence too, allowing you to take more pride in your work and puts you in a better mood. "How you doin' today?"

"Good!" Deuce replies cheerfully. I can't help, but smile at his answer.

"That's great, little man." I momentarily put him back on the ground and he clings to my leg and I can't help, but chuckle. My mom came up and gave me a welcoming hug and kiss on my cheek. "Hi, mama. How are you?"

"Doin' well, I can see you're in a good mood." She replies with her soft smile. "Are you boys hungry?" I give a simple nod and we turn to the little boy at our feet.

"Me too." Both my mom and I laugh and nod, as I pick my child back up.

"Okay, why don't we grab a quick bite to eat?" The two agree with me.

You've probably noticed how well Deuce can speak. I know he's only two, but he started speaking a lot this year, which is good. Normally, you'd want your kid to start speaking around the age of one or two, maybe three. His pediatrician actually said he's in advanced stages in speech, but she's glad to actually see it still progressing.

My ex, Toriah Lachell is the birth mother and we've both been doing our best to help Deuce develop as normally as possible. We were junior and senior year high school sweethearts, but we ended it. We're both still on good terms and there are no hard feelings between us. We just ended up realizing that we wouldn't be able to sustain or endure a long-distance relationship, especially with college coming up, at the time. We were both going down separate paths, mine continuing at Duke. It simply wouldn't work out and she respectfully understood that. We're both still good friends and we worked out a schedule, certain days for us to take turns caring for our son. If there is one thing, it's that we're both good parents. As cliché as it is, we both just want what's best for Deuce.

"What do you want to eat, bud?" I ask my little boy, turning my attention back to him.

"Pizza!" He exclaims and my mother and I share a laugh again.