All About Her

(A/N: This one is a bit shorter, but I still hope that you enjoy it! <3)

(Jayson's Perspective)

March 19th, 2016. One of the best nights for the both of us and I got one of my favorite pictures taken of her. I miss her way more than I thought. I stare and chuckle at the familiar girl in her matching #22 jersey as mine. Both trophies in her hands and a medal in her mouth. I remember that night like yesterday. After the game and locker room celebration we both had with our respective teams, we went out with our families to a diner to end the partying for the exhausting day. The school coordinated their own event to commemorate our teams' state championship victories. Before we left though, I practically forced her to sit down and copy my pose. The glistening joy in her eyes and smile, after taking home the chip in her senior year, just as I had done, several hours before she did.

"She's gorgeous." I glance over my shoulder to see the rookie, Payton Pritchard, staring at my phone screen, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"God damn, P." I shut my phone off, "You really gotta sneak on me like that?" I got up from my spot on the bleachers. He laughs at my reaction, as I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"Don't avoid my question." He teases, "Who's the hot chick?"

"Oooh, do I hear a conversation about a potential baddie?" I hear another familiar voice. I look over my shoulder to see Jaylen Brown approach the rook and I.

"Really, JB? You too?" We all start walking to the weight room, maintaining this conversation.

"What? You gonna keep her all to yourself? Wait, that would mean-" His eyes widen and the three of us stop in our tracks. Both guys narrow their eyes on me.

"Fine." I sigh, "Just to get y'all to shut up." I turn on my phone again and show them the picture I was staring at. Jaylen grabs my phone and whistles, as he looks at her.

"Told you," Payton chuckles.

"Damn, she is hot, both in compliment form and literally. She looks tired, but extremely happy." JB comments, I snatch my phone back and chuckle. "Is she yours?"

"No," I pause, looking from Payton to Jaylen, "why?"

"'Cause I might just have to wife her up. What else are you supposed to do with a girl that fine and clearly talented at basketball? Do you realize how rare that is?" JB rambles on, as if it's the most obvious answer. Great, here we go again, just like old times.

"Dude, you got yourself a girl already. Did you forget about her already?" Payton sarcastically scolds and I laugh with him at his reference to our head athletic trainer.

"You right, I ain't tryna screw up with my queen." JB shrugs honestly. "Amryn's the only one I want. She's the whole package, like I mentioned. I ain't losin' her."

"That's my man." I clap his shoulder.

"Hang on," Pritchard goes on, "seems like y'know her. Do you?"

"No." I shrug at him, trying to keep my cool. Damn, am I that easy to read?

"Oh come on, I know you know her. Besides, it's not like you actually took a screenshot of that. Can you at least tell me if she's single?"

"Are you that relentless about her?" He nods and Jaylen also waits for me to answer. We sit down in some of the chairs, as we make it to the weight room, "I don't know."

"That was anticlimactic." Payton says sardonically.

"Besides, how you know I didn't just take it off Google or somethin'?" I question the rookie.