Bigger

(This first chapter is by GlitchyEx3 [though I changed it up to fight my style of writing], and this book was made with help from him and is originally their idea. I have permission to write this story, and if you want to know more about it and read the original version of this chapter, go check out their one shot book [Page 35, Voltron Au]. Also, just go check out his work cause they're amazing!)

SIMULATION FAILED.

Jakey groaned, taking of his helmet. This was not the first time they had failed the simulation, but he wished that they could succeed just once. With all the other students watching, it felt pretty embarrassing to fail.

"ATTENTION RECRUITS!" Jakey stood up, as did his teammates, David and Pat. "Another failure... what a surprise..." the teacher said, walking to them. Jakey sighed and nodded, unable to meet the instructor's eyes. 

"Maybe if our team was complete, and you made Bryan actually show up?" Pat said, looking down. His words were quiet, but it was obvious that everyone could hear him. Jakey growled at him, not wanting to be in any more trouble than they already were.

"Mr. Drago actually filed that he would be absent today. Not to mention that he works much harder than you, and earned a sick day." The commander said, standing in front of Pat. Pat flinched and Jakey sighed.

"I'm sorry about my teammate sir." Jakey said, stepping forward. He could feel the eyes of the other students piercing into him, but he tried to ignore it and keep a straight face. Pat gave him a small, grateful look, before looking down again.

"As you should be Qute. As team leader, you are meant to be responsible for your crew. DISMISSED!" The teacher shouted. Jakey grabbed his teammates and started dragging them out as everyone left. At least they were the last group to go.

"I was just saying..." Pat mumbled. Jakey silently agreed that Bryan should be made to show up more, since the brunette was almost never there. How he got better grades than the rest of his crew when he barely even showed up was an unfair mystery.

"Yeah well, somehow Bryan is the favorite of the teacher, so it's better not to question it. We don't need worse grades for taking bad about him." Jakey replied, hearing Pat mumble in response. He couldn't make out the exact words Pat said, but he could guess.

"Hey, let's not be mean about Bryan. He's not bad... just, you know... a bit full of himself and distant..." David said, rubbing his head. Jakey and Pat knew he was right, but that didn't stop their muted anger. 

"Yeah, listen to David." Jakey said, just as much to himself as to Pat. As he lead them through the halls, he noticed that the lights weren't turning on... for some reason. As Jakey rounded a corner, he ended up bumping into someone. 

"Yeah, yeah, sure. We still hitting the town tonight?" Pat asked, and Jakey looked back and nodded in response. Jakey then remembered why he had ended up stopping in the first place, and turned to apologize to the person he bumped into.

"Oh! Sorr- oh, hey Bryan." Jakey said, finding himself face to face with the fourth, and final, member of their team. Bryan was clutching a bag with one hand, his weird headphones sitting on his neck. The soft green light they emitted lit his face up in the dark halls. He was fiddling with his phone in his other hand, and kept glancing around.

"Hey Bryan. We're gonna go out, get pizza, maybe go to an arcade. Wanna come along?" David asked. Jakey bit his tongue to stop from saying something, while Pat shook his head quickly. Jakey wished the pink-haired guy could at least pretend to be nice.

"No thanks. Unlike you, I have work to do." He responded, pushing past the rest of his crew. Jakey couldn't stop himself from feeling slightly disappointed, though Pat gave a quick glance back with a glare at him.