Part 18- Doubts & Dances

Começar do início

The Verma's were already present when the Malhotra's and Mehta's entered the house. They all greeted each other, Ishqi felt a tinge of jealousy seeing Rhea's arm around Ahaan's, "Itna chipak kyun rahi hai, abhi engagement hui thodi na hai!" she mentally said- But her being herself ignored it and continued with greeting other guests.

Ishqi didn't make eye-contact with Ahaan once, she'd decided it was better to avoid him rather than to face her feelings. Ishqi's mindset was "the feelings would fade if I don't pay any heed to them"...this obviously sounded very dumb and she knew it so she didn't voice it out but kept silently repeating it in her head.

She engrossed herself in the event, minimizing contact with Ahaan, after the "incident" in the office and the non-stop blabbering about Ahaan in the car, one thing she'd realized was that Ahaan was slowly capturing over her heart and she couldn't control nor stop it!

"Tera finace Rahul baane waala hai...AVM ki fiancee Rhea baane waali hai...tu Rahul pe focus kar...shayad tujhe usse pyaar hojai" were the lines she'd memorized and that she kept repeating in her head.

A few moments later the Oberoi's entered as well, Rahul greeted Ishqi with a hug, she touched the feet of his parents and hugged Naina.

Ahaan stood at a distance and observed them with a sad smile on his face, well- the smile was just for show. Sadness and jealousy was what he was actually feeling. He'd been trying to catch a chance to have a talk with Ishqi but she seemed to be avoiding him.

Well, it was not like Rhea was leaving his side anyways, she'd just gone with her mom for a few minutes that he'd gotten the chance to peacefully gaze at Ishqi. He knew the smile Ishqi had plastered across her face wasn't real but more than that he noticed the slight discomfort on her face, which would've gone unnoticed by anyone because she hid it so effortlessly but not him.

Ahaan saw Ishqi standing in the corner talking on the phone, he thought of this as the perfect opportunity to have a quick talk with her. Just as he'd started taking small steps towards her, someone tapped him on the shoulder. Much to his dismay he turned around to see Rhea standing there. "come on!!!" he thought, clearly annoyed-

Ahaan: Rhea, why don't you go and socialize with others? Mein yahan par hi houn kahin nahi jaa raha... he fake smiled- while his gaze was still glued to Ishqi-

Rhea (inner voice): Kahin jaane hi nahi doungi...especially uss Ishqi ke paas!

Rhea was about to say something when there was an announcement for a dance. Everyone gathered on the dance floor with their partners, Rahul grasped Ishqi's hand and took her with him while Rhea dragged Ahaan with her.

Everyone now stood on the dance floor with their partner's opposite them, before the song began there was another announcement by the beloved DJ, "Okay everyone! Now there is no fun without some twists and turns! So for this song they'll be two switches meaning two rounds! BOYS! Twirl your girls to the right when switching! ALSO, No switching for the newly weds! All the best and enjoy!!!" he concluded as the music started blasting.

~ F I R S T  R O U N D ~
The partners for the first round were:
~ Ahaan & Rhea ~ Ishqi & Rahul ~ Kartik & Tara  ~ Zayan & Naina  ~ Raj & Sonu

The song for the dance started, it was  ~ HUMSAFAR ~

~
●Sun mere humsafar, kya tujhe itni si bhi khabar ●
●Ki teri saansein chalti jidhar, rahunga bas wahin umrr bhar ●
●Rahunga bas wahin umrr bhar, haaye ●

All the couple's slow-danced, swaying to the rhythm of the song...but for two of them it was different- Ahaan couldn't stop looking at Ishqi while she danced with Rahul. As Rahul's hand slid across her waist Ahaan gritted his teeth, he hated the view more than anything else! He recalled Aryan's case, where he pulled Ishqi in his arms without a second thought...but now it was different, he felt a weird sense of helplessness and as the time for the second switch came he thanked god. Rahul twirled Ishqi to the right as he twirled Rhea to the right.

~ S E C O N D  R O U N D ~
~ Ahaan & Ishqi  ~ Kartik & Naina  ~ Zayan & Rhea ~ Tara & Rahul ~ Sonu & Raj

~
● Jitni haseen ye mulakatein hain, unse bhi pyari teri baatein hain ●
● Baaton mein teri jo kho jaate hain, aaun na hosh mein main kabhi ●
● Baahon mein hai teri zindagi, haaye, sun mere humsafar, kya tujhe itni si bhi khabar ●

Ishqi landed right in his arms, she perfectly fit there. He wrapped one hand around her waist while the other held her hand. Ishqi put one of her hands' right above his heart, she could feel his heartbeat fasten. Ishqi had promised herself she'd avoid him and here destiny had them come closer again. "Ishqi" Ahaan said as he twirled her around but not to switch because he pulled her back towards himself.

● Main toh yun khada, kis soch mein pada tha, kaise jee raha tha main deewana
Chup ke se aake tu ne, dil mein samaa ke tune, ched diya kaisa ye fasaana ●

"Hmm" Ishqi replied as she encircled her arms around his nape and his went across her waist. "Tumhara pair kaise hai?", "theek hai" she replied- he spun her around and pulled her towards himself, he back hugged her and in a husky voice whispered in her ear, "tum naraaz ho mujhse?"- His breath fanned her neck sending shivers down her spine, she thanked god no one could really see or hear them due to the dim lighting and loud music.

● Muskurana bhi tujhi se seekha hai, dil lagane ka tu hi tarika hai ●
● Aitbaar bhi tujhi se hota hai, aaun na hosh mein main kabhi, baahon mein hai teri            zindagi, haaye! ●

Ishqi turned back around while he pulled her closer with a jerk, her hands were on his chest. They swayed to the rhythm of the song, "Baatao na, naraaz ho?" he asked her once again, "N-nahi, bhala mein aapse kyun naraaz hogi..." she replied- "Accha? Toh phir itni der se ignore kyun maar rahi ho?...kuch kehna chahati ho but keh nahi paa rahi..right? he said- "N-no nothing, m-mujhe kuch nahi kehna.." she nervously replied-

●Hai nahi tha pata, ke tujhe maan lunga khuda, ke teri gaaliyon mein iss qadar
Aaunga ab har pehr ●
● Sun mere humsafar, kya tujhe itni si bhi khabar, ki teri saansein chalti jidhar ●
● Rahunga bas wahin umar bhar ●
● Rahunga bas wahin umar bhar, haaye ●

They continued slow-dancing, he tightened his hold on her waist, "Ishqi- hum dono ke beech-" she abruptly cut him off and blurted out, "kuch nahi chal raha, kuch nahi hai aur na hi hoga"- she looked away immediately felt her heart beating faster than it already was.

The song ended with loud claps, Ishqi pulled away from him and left the dance floor. "isse kya hua? I was gonna say "awkward" but she misinterpreted it completely!" he thought while his conscience stated something completely different, "No Ahaan, you just wanted to hear "something" from her mouth...she didn't misunderstand it...she understood exactly what you meant!"- "shut up!" he told his own self-

"First of all I'm not Kartik and secondly, I am not shutting up this soon...I am stubborn like you after-all....And waise bhi mere bina tumhara kuch nahi hone wala Ahaan Veer Malhotra!"

//To Be Continued//
==============================================================================

That's all for today guys!! Hope ya'll enjoyed it! { Word Count: 2400 } Next part'll be updated after 50 votes! 💛

Suggestions are always welcome ⚡️

Pls ignore any mistakes 😙

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸