Dave Mustaine #1 (Megadeth)

Dave could be so funny sometimes. He has me on my back laughing every time we meet up.

Me and Dave have been friends since school and when he got expelled I had no-one and was left alone. We never saw each other after that until we were both playing at the same place with our bands.

~Back in time~

We were getting ready. My band was officially going to play on a stage to people. It might not be a massive stage in front of millions of people, and only a small bar but it was a start. We were opening for a bigger local band that we hadn't met yet, I hope we get to meet them afterwards.

I was getting my guitar ready and rushing through all the tech people backstage to get to the side of the stage. I then bumped into someone. FANTASTIC. That's just what I needed when I was in a rush.

"Sorry,"I said quietly as I tried to get past.

"It's fine, just watch out next time"

I knew that voice. I turned around and saw that same bright red hair that I remember from all those years ago.

"Dave," I said in complete shock.

"Wha-" he started,"Y/n"

He started walking towards me with a big grin plastered on his face.
He engulfed me in a massive hug. I hugged him back tightly.

"I can't believe it, it's actually you," I say in disbelief.

"Are you the opening band?" He asks curiously.

"Yeah, I'm going on in a couple of minutes. I guess we're opening for you"

"You must be," he says in a smug tone.

I hit him playfully and turned around to be met with one of my band mates with a panicked face.

"What's wrong," I ask in a concerned tone.

"I thought you bailed on us," he said with relief painted in his eyes.

"Why would I do that, this is our big break through"

"You should get going, you don't want to be late for your first show," Dave says, placing his hands on my shoulders for reassurance, he knew how I was with big crowds.

"Yeah, good luck with your set if I don't see you before"

"Thanks, good luck too"

"Thanks"

I stepped out onto the stage and played our first song.

~time skip~

We had finished and the whole crowd was clapping, I was ecstatic. I hadn't missed a note and the rest of the band played awesomely too.

We all ran off stage and had big smiles on our faces.

"You did great"

"Thanks Dave, good luck again"

"Thanks"

He walked on stage and started playing his first song.

~time skip~

He walked off stage and I congratulated him. He pulled me off to the side.

"What's wrong"

"Nothing, I just wanted to ask if we could meet up some time," he asks nervously.

That's the first time I've ever seen him nervous for anything.

"Yeah of course, when and where did you have in mind?"

"Tomorrow, maybe, at that park we used to go to as kids"

"Yeah, we used to love that park, what time?"

"Is twelve ok?"

"Yeah that's great, we could get lunch too," i said way too excitedly.

"Of course. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then"

"Ok, bye"

"Bye," he giggled at my enthusiasm.

~Back to present~

That leads us up to now. I'm sat on a bench in the park waiting for Dave. My mind was going through various scenarios, until someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Sorry I'm late, some guys started asking me to join their band"

"It's fine, what did you say?"

"I said I'll think about it, I didn't want to keep you waiting"

Aw, he can be so sweet when he wants to be.

"So, how have you been?" He asks.

"I've been ok, not a lot has happened, I'm not the drama queen like you were, so it's been quite boring. What about you?"

"Hey!" He nudged me with his arm,"since I got expelled, I started to play guitar more, I joined a band, got into a couple of arguments, I've got an apartment now"

"Of course your life isn't boring, like I said you're a drama queen," I giggled.

He smiled, I loved seeing him smile, he had such a hard childhood.

"Did you wanna go grab lunch"

"I don't mind we can stay here for a while if you want."

"I didn't have breakfast, I'm a little hungry."

"Ok, sure, I guess I'm a little hungry myself"

"You're always hungry"

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are, I don't know how you keep so healthy"

We started walking to a café down the road. We went and sat down, ordered and waited until it came. We got our food and drinks and started eating.
We started talking about music as it was our favourite pastime. We had finished at the café and started to head back home.

We had got back to my home and were saying our goodbyes.

"I had a great day out today Dave, thanks"

"It's fine, I had a great time too"

We looked into each others eyes.

"Well, bye" I said breaking the stare.

"Yeah, bye"

He walked off down the street. I unlocked my door and went inside. I couldn't be falling for him already, right?