Nuisance | 10

Heading to the waiting room, he didn't expect one of the targets stuck to his body to instruct him where to go, they lit up in a blue hue, blinking every second.

"For those who passed, please head forward to the waiting room."

"Guess they're really high tech, huh..."

The waiting area wasn't hard to spot, Ahane soon reached the place and went inside. A handful of students were already there, minding their business. He caught sight of Kirishima with his group of friends in the distance, but it seemed like someone within the group had already taken notice of him.

His glare is something else...

The boy decided not to join them for the greater good. He figured he should just stay put alone in a corner somewhere, he needed the space in the meantime anyway.

"Ahane-kun-! Glad to see you here."

He halted, recognizing the voice that held much formality. Yaoyorozu beamed, giving him a welcoming wave. Ahane approached the girl, it would be rude to flatly ignore her. He couldn't care less about people's view of him, but one's reputation is unfortunately crucial in his case if he wanted useful information.

His head greeted his classmates politely, but that was the best he could think of doing. For the rare times in his life, Ahane didn't know exactly what to do. Social situations were a hard no for him. Yaoyorozu seemed to notice the awkwardness around the air, "I'm sure they're familiar faces to you." the girl introduced her friends one by one, trying her best to not let the uncomfortable silence dominate the room.

"You're the first person I've ever met to beat up two classmates in your first week," Asui stated abruptly, not minding the shocked reactions from the other girls.

Ahane didn't look to be offended, it was a reasonable question. Better than 'do you have any hobbies you enjoy?' "The second one was just a friendly spar," he stated, repeating what Kirishima told him, replacing his smile with a monotone expression. The ribbiting girl wasn't scared to make daring statements that people would think twice to utter.

It's like a two-edged sword

Brushing off the negative effects it possessed, what mattered was it worked in his favour. In a time when things get demanding, she might just be the one who would lean a helping hand without even noticing.

"Then the first one was intentional?"

"He was asking for it."

Jiro hummed, "Bakugou-kun's the type to challenge anyone who's on the same level as him, that's probably why he's so adamant about fighting you." she sweatdropped, shaking her head at the arrogant classmate.

They weren't as hesitant to talk to Ahane now, eagerly asking him questions about the boy. With the conversation flowing smoothly, the boy tried to shun away the fact that Bakugou was the ice breaker for it. 

Midoriya looked around the place, muttering something under his breath. "Half of the class is here..." he stared at the big screen, his fingers fidgeting, his non-existence muscle tensing up.

Ahane paid attention to the screen displaying various fights, sneaking a glance at Midoriya. Nervousness covered his face, it was justified, they were people who were close to him after all. Minutes flew by and thankfully class A all passed with no one left behind, a heavy sigh could be heard beside Ahane. "I'm glad they all passed." he chirped with a bright smile.

The boy's gaze lingered on the screen, "Guess your faith in them was not in vain." Sitting down with his back rested comfortably and his arms crossed.

Midoriya watched as the class celebrated their success together with triumphant cheers, a happy yet melancholy smile formed as his feet hovered above the floor. "Always has been, that's great, isn't it?"