Prologue | 0

||Reality is painful.||

"Hey, did you hear? That student over there is quirkless."

||It doesn't sugarcoat the ugly truth.||

"Really? Ew, we should get away from him."

"Yeah, I don't even wanna imagine being near that thing."

||But once you learned to accept it, it won't be long until a new door opens||

̶"̶Y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶r̶k̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶b̶o̶d̶y̶!̶"̶

̶"̶Y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶r̶k̶.̶"̶

"You can become a hero."

||A new door leading down a bright future.||

"And now-! The first person who managed to finish the obstacle race is..."

"...Midoriya Izuku-!"

||But things don't always go as planned."||

I knew that, and I was prepared to face any obstacle thrown at me. I had to, I couldn't let anyone down, especially not him. It was all going so well, a bit too well. That was probably why I was stuck in this situation, I guess I got carried away.

"Midoriya Izuku, Class 1A from U.A. You've certainly made yourself quite well-known." A man I recognized named Kurogiri said, his ink dark smoke dispersing in the air making my skin crawl.

What do they want from me?

I couldn't muster the strength to question them. How could I? Any high school student would've already wet themselves if they were chained up by villains, and not just any villain, the League of Villains.

"Aw, he looks so cute! No wonder he's got himself a crush." a girl wearing a high school uniform teased. Her finger traced along the sharp blade in her hand, staring at me with a hungry gaze.

I gulped, I couldn't be scared at a time like this. What would All Might do? He probably would've had the high ground and captured them in mere seconds, he's the number one hero after all. But I'm not All Might, so what could I do in a situation like this? I was so weak compared to him.

"W-why..?" I stuttered. No-! Why am I stuttering? I could never show them any signs of fear. 

"Your target was Kacchan, so why did you go for me instead?" I managed to utter the second sentence without stammering my words.

The leader of the group, Shigaraki Tomura laughed in response. His laugh was horrid, but I kept my cool. "Bakugou? You really think we'd take him? How stupid do you think we are? His stubbornness and stupidity make him not worth the risk." he retorted.

"...why me then?" I finally found my composure. The desire of wanting the truth had vanquished my shivering fear.

"Heh, why don't you think about it yourself?" He said, giving me an indirect answer.

I mulled for a while, there was something they want from me? Is there? Are they just testing me? I have nothing useful except-

My eyes widened from the realization that suddenly dawned upon me, Shigaraki laughed at my speechless demeanour. "That's right, we want your quirk." I tried to hold in the tremble in my chained up hands.

How-?

"M-my quirk..?" I panicked a bit, did they know? Quickly slapping myself internally, there was no way they would've known. It was a secret I promised to take to my grave. It was a bluff; or something to catch me off guard.