Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate Science Fiction SmackDown!

Yes, the whispers are true — ScienceFiction and Ooorah jointly host another edition of the legendary Smack-Down writing challenges.

What's it about?

Well, about writing, of course, but also about meeting other SciFi authors and fans, about exchange, about creating new SciFi worlds and stories, about friendly competition, mutual support, and—last but not least—about a whole lot of fun.

How does it work?

The challenge is run in several rounds. In each round, participating writers will be given one or several prompts they have to integrate into a short story/flash fiction. An anonymous judging team will judge the entries, and each round a given number of participants will be eliminated—until only the last two remain to fight in the glorious final. Details of the rules for each round will be announced in this TK special edition.

What's to win?

That's easy. The all important bragging rights of course. The satisfaction of having participated in the most amazing challenge available on Wattpad. A whole bunch of new friends and experiences. A place for one of your stories in either the Nanobytes anthology or an upcoming issue of TevunKrus, Wattpad's No 1 and longest running science fiction E-zine.

And the one writer who defeats them all will take the illustrious title of Ultimate SmackDown Champion.

Do you still have questions?

Ask them in the comments of this chapter. (If you're in a hurry, please tag jinnis, this will most likely pull her out of her wormhole). We will give our best to provide you with adequate and timely answers—although they might be "42" on occasion!