Chapter Thirty-Four: Till Death Do Us Part (Part Four)

Olivia guided the both of them to a peaceful breathtaking viewpoint that overlooked the ocean. With the full moon shining brightly just above them and the stars twinkling as if they were perfectly placed in each spot. Spencer's mouth slightly parted in awe of the scenery before him. Walking over to the railing Spencer rested his hands on the bars looking at the waves crashing against the rocks. "This is beautiful Liv,". Olivia gently nodded. With her hand wrapped around Spencer, she rested her head on his shoulder.

"It was pretty during the daytime. But at night, it's really-". She trailed the second Spencer finished her sentence. "Incredible,". Olivia caught his eyes that sparkled under the moonlight. The both of them stayed quiet until she repeated his word. "Incredible,". Spencer turned away looking back to the view when Olivia's hand ran up and down his arm. The both of them stayed silent for a brief moment until she cleared her throat causing Spencer to look towards her who met his gaze with honest eyes.

"You want to talk about what's been on your mind all day?". He hesitated for a moment chewing on the inside of his cheek before eventually caving in. He knew it was no use and after what grandpa Willy had told him, he didn't want to waste another minute stuck in his thoughts.

"Your pops and I talked this morning,". Spencer spoke softly seeing Olivia's expression almost immediately filled with worry. "I don't think he knows..." Spencer started seeing that Olivia's face softened at his words. "But he told me that he was happy that I never crossed the line. That he admired how truthful I was...and that I was always honest with him. I wanted to tell him. I was going to tell him everything..." Spencer trailed again looking at Olivia's eyebrows tense. She searched his eyes wanting him to continue.

"But I didn't. And after the conversation we had, I could only imagine his reaction when we tell him,". Olivia's eyes burned fighting back the tears that she'd felt oncoming. Gently rubbing his back as he leaned on the railing. "Spencer...." Olivia's voice cracked into a whisper. "I love you. And I know we should've told our parents back at dinner. Maybe life would've been easier...maybe it would've been more difficult. But, I can't reassure you that my father is going to take the news lightly...because he probably won't,". Olivia stopped for a brief moment deepening her worried eyes into his.

"But, after the year we've had we deserve to be happy. We deserve to have a chance at this...at us. I can't stop living my life to please my father. Sure I'd want for him to accept us, but the only person I care about is you. Our family, our friends, can all talk but at the end of the day what matters is us. Not our moms, not our siblings, and not my father. And if my father is not going to get on board with it, then so be it. We can't live our lives in fear afraid of rejection. Afraid that the people we love aren't going to accept us and this relationship. You've been nothing but honest and respectful to me. For goodness sake, you've saved my lifetime and time again. Baby everything is going to be okay. It might take time but eventually, my father has to come around,".

And with every word Olivia spoke only deepened his love for the girl beside him. He couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again. Spencer deeply sighed letting her words sink in when a smile spread on his lips nodding at her words. "You right Liv. And I'm sorry for ruining our night. Tonight was supposed to be about-" Spencer trailed the second Olivia stopped him. "Us Spencer, and it still is. The night is still young to turn it around, and who says you ruined it? Maybe...just maybe...it's just getting started,".

A slow grin spread on Spencer's lips letting Olivia pull him towards the small open patch of grass. Taking out her phone she pressed play. Within seconds 'Brian McKnight- Back at one,' started to play softly through the speakers when Spencer looked around confused.

'It's undeniable that we should be together. It's unbelievable how I used to say that I'd fall never. The basis is need to know, if you don't know just how I feel. Then let me show you now that I'm for real If all things in time, time will reveal'