Chapter Eighteen: Jingle Ball (Part Three)

Spencer walked over to Olivia leaning against the table when she rested her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arm around his. "How did it go?" Spencer asked. He placed his hands in his pockets, kissing the top of her head, resting his head on hers. He looked towards the dance floor watching Layla and Jordan dance like two goofballs. Olivia sighed. "Better than expected. It was long overdue and if anything we at least cleared the air. A reset, and hopefully this time to start fresh and on good terms. Leave the past in the past and just move on. It might take us a while to get back to being friends but this is a start,". Spencer sighed a relief. A smile spread on his lips softly chuckling under his breath.

"So you're not going to kill Jordan?". Olivia lifted her head nodding. "No, I'm still going to kill him. But not tonight because I have a very handsome man beside me who deserves to put this suit to good use. Come on, what do you say, join me for a dance?" Olivia asked. She stood up, interlacing both her hands in his pulling him up to his feet. A slow smile spread on his lips the second the band started to play his favorite Christmas song, 'This Christmas by Donny Hathaway'.

'Hang all the mistletoe, I'm gonna get to know you better. This Christmas. And as we trim the tree, how much fun it's gonna be together. This Christmas,'.

"Handsome huh?" Spencer asked. Olivia pulled her lip in between her teeth nodding. "Oh most definitely. Especially in a suit, if you'd ask me I wouldn't mind if you wore this every day," Olivia's eyes trailed down before meeting his. Pulling him deep on the dance floor so their parents couldn't see. Spencer held her close, With his left on the lowest part of her back while his right hand held her left. Softly swaying to the music, Olivia leaned in whispering beside his ear. "I especially wouldn't mind if you would take this on the trip with us...just so I could take it off of you,".

Her bold words surprised the hell out of Spencer loving how direct she'd been. Humming at her words a smile never left his lips. "How many more days till we go on vacation again?". A slow smile spread on her lips while her cheeks instantly blushed at his words. "T-minus five days...". Spencer gazed into those chocolate brown eyes of hers, while the magnetic pull of their energy closed the space in between them. "...And how many more days until we have dinner and tell our parents?" Spencer asked. Olivia lowered her eyes to his lips when she answered. "T-minus three days...,". Spencer smiled leaving a foot in between the both of them. His eyes fell down to her lips wanting nothing more than to kiss her on the dance floor. Moving back to her eyes, he locked onto her, while the both of them swayed to the song. The tension weighed heavy in between the both of them as they wanted to lean in.

'The fireside is blazing bright. We're caroling through the night. And this Christmas will be, A very special Christmas, for me,'.

"I want to kiss you," Spencer spoke leaning in, brushing his lips against hers. His breath sent shivers down her spine. Gently nodding to his words she whispered against his. "I know,". "Are you nervous about dinner?" she asked. Spencer shook his head, never breaking his gaze from hers. "Not at all. Because whatever happens I know that no matter what, I'll always put you first, Liv. We've come a long way and I know our family will understand,". Smacking her lips tightly together she hoped Spencer had been right and that their family would be supportive of them. All her worries washed away the second she met Spencer's gaze deepening into the pools of browns in his eyes.

"So you were saying about taking this suit off? Because I got a few ideas in the many ways I would love to take this dress off of you," Spencer lowered his gaze lingering on her every curve. A slow smile spread on her lips, watching his eyes fall downward. "Oh, do you now?". Spencer nodded. "T-minus five days is all I'm going to think about...". Olivia gently nodded. "T-minus five days until you and I have a whole weekend to ourselves. Just you...I...in a cabin all alone...for a whole 96 hours..." Olivia leaned in as her lips brushed against his ear. A slow grin appeared thinking of all the ways he and Olivia were going to spend it. All Spencer could think about was just getting through this last week, and he and Olivia will be headed for their weekend trip alone. With no Jordan, and no parents to interrupt their time alone.

'Presents and cards are here. My world is filled with cheer and you. This Christmas. And as I look around. Your eyes outshine the town, they do. This Christmas,'.

Just across the dance floor with a crowd in between, wrapped in each other's arms, swaying to the beat of the music danced Billy and Laura. Giggling and a little intoxicated from one too many champagne glasses. Billy twirled Laura before pulling her in close to him. Their laughter died down the second their gaze deepened within each other. Billy spun her in a small circle, as his smile slowly faded.

"I can't believe you did this. Without the help of the department, you were able to put together an even better gala with our friends, family, and people from the community. Have I ever told you how proud I am of you?".

Laura smiled shaking her head. Closing the space in between them, she was intrigued to know more. "I am. You have proven time and time again how strong, resilient, and determined you are Laura. It's times like these where I wished I would've fought harder to keep you by my side and never let you go..." Billy trailed. Laura shook her head. "Billy...".

'The fireside is blazing bright. We're caroling through the night. And this Christmas will be, A very special Christmas, for me,'.

"Hear me out, please," Billy begged. Softening his expression he continued. "I miss you...and I know we are just getting back to a good place and figuring things out. But I never stopped loving you, Laura. Everything good in my life is from the life that we built. And I want it all back...I want you back. Just being with you these past few weeks have taught me that I can't live without you, Laura. That I don't want to live without you. I want my wife, and I'm still madly deeply in love with you Laura. What do you say, we get married again and make me the happiest man on earth for the second time?" Billy whispered against Laura's ear. Gently pulling away, her mouth parted at his words.

"Billy...we still have so much to figure out and maybe you are just feeling that way because of the champagne we had..." Laura trailed the second Billy shook his head disagreeing. "I know we have a lot to work on and talk about. But this life is not worth living if you are not by my side. After months apart, and these past few weeks being together, I'm realizing what's worth fighting for because of this...because of us. I know we've been through a lot and it hasn't been easy. But what I can promise you is that no matter how mad or angry we get, at the end of the day the only person I want beside me is you. I love you Laura and I've been thinking about this for a while and maybe this is not the right setting to propose to you..." Billy trailed the second Laura placed her hand under his chin, guiding his eyes to meet hers.

'Shake a hand, shake a hand now,'.

"Yes Billy, I would love to remarry you. I want it all. I want our life back...my answer is yes," Laura softly spoke when a permanent smile spread on Billy's lips. Letting out a sigh of relief he pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Wrapping his arms around her tightly, he whispered thank you in her ear. "Guess we are planning a wedding," Laura coughed out a laugh. Billy wiped the tears that fell from her eyes when he thought of another plan. "Actually...I might have another thing in mind,". Laura scrunched her eyebrows when Billy softly whispered against her ear. Her eyes widened with excitement when she nodded at his every word.

'Mmh, the fireside is blazing bright. We're caroling through the night. And this Christmas will be. A very special Christmas, for me yeah,'.

"Yes?" Billy asked pulling away when Laura excitedly jumped up and down. "Yes, Billy a million times yes!" Laura spoke against his lips kissing him. "When should we tell the kids?" Billy asked. Laura pulled her lip in between her teeth. "Well...there might be this dinner planned coming up in a couple of days. Why not casually slip out that we are getting married?" Laura asked. Billy laughed. "I like the way you think Mrs. Baker,". Laura wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him in for another prolonged kiss. Grinning from ear to ear, she hummed at his words. "I'm sure you do, Mr. Baker,".

The rest of the evening was spent laughing, dancing, and enjoying each other's company while they finished off the charity gala with a toast to celebrate the success the event had been.