"Brookie, shut up. We're level 1, so we can at least survive in the wild. Also, you're welcome to leave Synergy AND Asunder if you want to. I'll let Stein know right away."

"..."

A Ranged and a Melee walked through the sparse forest. Due to meeting a large enemy force in their nearby hamlet, they were forced to retreat from the Safe Zone. However, just because PvP was disallowed in Safe Zones didn't mean players had no way of harassing each other.

Eventually, the Covan Hamlet became a hub for grappling, sudo and other non-lethal hand-to-hand combat techniques. Of course, it was two against many, and the harassment from the large group of players didn't stop.

Shock Collar would block entrances to doors of important locations, not allowing the two Asunder players to gain any information or resources. An hour passed, and even their level 1 class evolution quest would constantly be foiled. After all, if you were pushed, it counted as moving. It was impossible for them to stay still for even 5 seconds, which was all it would have taken to upgrade to Adroit.

Inevitably, they were forced out of the hamlet and into the wild.

"I know it's humiliating, but we'll have to do our best to find another Safe Zone so we can evolve. In the meantime, we can still level up. Let's find some mobs. I know you didn't play the beta, but hunting mobs is pretty interesting in this game."

The Melee, Dharr, did his best to console his Ranged partner.

"I hope so..."

"See, look. There's a Green Slime. I'll let you take it out by yourself."

Dharr had played in the beta, so he was a bit more familiar than Brookie with the combat mechanics of Synergy. The level 1 Green Slime was a perfect opportunity for Brookie to experience the world of Synergy for himself.

Brookie looked at the round object bouncing towards him. It was too pathetic to be called a "monster".

"How did you see its name?"

Though it was obviously green and gelatinous, Brookie turned to Dharr, wondering how he knew the exact name of the mob.

"Just think about appraising it in your mind as you look at it. Its name and level should automatically be known to you then."

Brookie was slightly confused at this explanation, but did as he was told regardless.

As he thought of "appraisal" while looking at the slime, information was directly transferred to his mind.

*>Name: Green Slime*

*>Level: 1*

"Whoa... Honestly, that's more impressive than anything else so far."

Brookie was amazed at the technology that was directly able to transfer information without the necessity of a HUD. No screen had popped up in front of him; after the appraisal, he just *knew* this information.

"See? You're impressed by that even though you're not impressed by anything else we've seen so far," Dharr said.

"I guess that's true..."

"The reason Stein wants everyone to be so invested in this game is because he sees an incredibly bright future within it. Even if you aren't impressed by some aspects of it, this product is so far ahead of other VR technology that almost everyone will find something they'll be interested in... is what he said. In the future, he said it'll even bring down the outdated feudal system. I'm not sure about that one, though... But you know how he is."

"Hmm..."

"Anyway, attack the slime. Let's see if you can hit it from here."

The Green Slime was roughly 10 metron away from the two, and it was slowly bouncing closer. Brookie lined up a shot and threw a Starter Pellet with all his might. In his mind, the pellet would go straight through the slime, vaporizing it... but reality was different.