ー Falling | Sunki

TW : breakdown

Falling

The rain poured onto Riki as he managed to walk down the dark and wet streets of Korea. He was alone again. He hated it, hated being alone and hated remembering him over and over again. He couldn't let him go.

Sunoo..

The boy managed to mumble. He was weak, tired and didn't eat for days. His parents, worried but of course he just shrugged it off thinking it was nothing and continued to lie about him being fine and well.

Sunoo and Riki, strangers to best friends but of course, friendship doesn't last forever, does it ? Sunoo was gone. He left Riki alone and broke his promise. Riki wanted to let him go but he just couldn't.

❝ I'm sorry.. i couldn't protect you like you protected me from those people.. ❞

Riki stuttered to himself, guilty, crying and crying and kept on crying. Sunoo's last words kept repeating in his head like it was never going to end. He was alone and going crazy so slowly by how he saw his best friend getting shot in front of him.

Even after getting shot, Sunoo managed to keep Riki calm by whispering sweet words into his ears and then his smile, even in pain, so calm but yet so sad. It all made Riki feel sad and breakdown.

No one was as close to Riki as Sunoo was. Everyone always adored both of them in school. He was like his brother, a shoulder to cry on and most importantly his best friend. Sunoo understood Riki more than anyone else ever did.

But now that's all gone. His best friend, gone, into a beautiful place called heaven.

❝ i love you, Kim Sunoo. Thank you.. for staying by my side when i was in my dark times. ❞

And just like that, Riki was lying on the cold and hard streets of Seoul, weak, hopeless and lonely. Ambulance and police car sirens filling up the dark streets but that doesn't matter now, does it?

All that matter is that he can finally be with Sunoo in a beautiful place called heaven and be with him there in peace and with his one and only best friend.

❝ You were and forever will be my best friend, Kim Sunoo. ❞

Riki closed his eyes, seeing his life flashing with old memories of all that has happened in his past, some good, some bad but most of these are with Sunoo, his best friend, which made him feel happy and safe.

Goodbye.