"Haye Rabba, Choor (Oh God, burglar)", she gasped.

"Wha-", 

"Chooooor (Burglar)", she shouted at the top of her lungs.

"No you are misundersta-", Zain frowned.

"Call the security. Helppp...Helppp", she yelled. By now they could hear the different voices in the background.

Someone run the generator.

Call the guards inside. 

The thieves didn't spare us too.

"I'm not a burglar", Zain retorted.

"Every criminal says the same thing", she replied. Before she could open her mouth to scream again, he stepped forward and pressed his palm against her mouth.

"Mmmm", her voice was muffled with his palm and at that exact moment the corridor lit up. His black orbs met with the brown ones. Her wet eyelashes where clung together and her wheatish skin was glowing under the warm lighting. Using his other hand, he removed his cap. His face became clear to her. 

"Hey relax, I'm not the burglar. I came here to meet Chaudhary Aslam Shiekh", he said softly and slowly removed this hand from her mouth still looking into her eyes. He stepped back. She stepped back too and wrapped her wet dupatta around her head.

"Hadia where is the thief?", An elderly woman came towards them. Her eyes fluttered between Zain and Hadia. The guards also appeared behind her, holding the firearm.

"Who are you?", Another woman entered the corridor along with a young girl. In a nutshell, everyone was looking at Zain with questioning eyes. 

"What a warm welcome Zain", he mentally rolled his eyes.

"I'm Zain Ahmed Durrani. Chaudhary Aslam Sheikh was expecting me here", Zain said.

"From Islamabad right?", the new girl asked.

"Oh yes", Zain fetched a deep breath that finally someone recognized him.

"Yes yes, Chaudhary sahb informed us about your arrival. I am Rukhasana, Chaudhary Aslam's wife. Welcome to our home", she gave him a warm smile. She signaled the guards to go back.

"Thank you, Mrs.Chaudhary", Zain said formally.

"This is our daughter, Shanaya", she introduced the girl. Zain nodded his head.

"I hope your journey was great", Shanaya said.

Zain's eyes automatically shifted towards Hadia, she was standing in a corner. "It was, indeed", he said and looked back at Shanaya.

The old woman came forward, she looked at Zain and said, "Forgive Hadia please. It is not her fault, actually we have been hearing different cases of theft in our village these days. That's why we are extra conscious".

Zain gave her a polite smile and shook his head, "It's alr-",

"Bua why are you apologizing", Hadia frowned. "I did it for our safety. He could be a burglar". 

"Enough Hadia. He is our special guest.", Rukhsana Begum stated. Her voice was laced with authority. Hadia went silent and looked away.

"From which angle did he look a burglar to you?", Shanaya asked curtly. "Dumbo". Shanaya rolled her eyes. 

"Jo kehtha hai wo khud hota hai (Whatever anyone says shows who they are)", Haida mentally replied to her.

"I can understand", Zain said to the Bua.

"Bua you don't have to cover up her blunders every time. Hadia has mistreated our guest and she needs to apologize first", Rukhasan begum said.

"But I-", Hadia tried to protest.

"I.said.apologize. Right now", Rukhasan begum said curtly. She didn't let Hadia complete the sentence. 

Zain could sense the tension in the air. He cleared his throat and said, "It's completely fine Mrs.Chaudhary. I believe it was my fault too for entering your house like that".

Hadia quickly turned around and confidently exclaimed, "EXACTLY!",

"That's the whole point, it's his fault", she beamed.

Zain looked at her flabbergasted. Hadia looked at Rukhasan begum, she gave her a deadly glare. Hadia understood what it meant.

Hadia gulped, "Iamsorry", she said in one go, almost resembling the speed of light.

Zain nodded.

"Let's go inside, you must be tired", Rukhasan begum said to the Zain.

"Thanks", Zain replied and gave a slight nod to his head. Rukhsana begum and Shanaya turned around, Zain followed them.

"Bua isme meri kya ghalthi thi? (Aunt what was my fault?)"? Hadia whined. "It was so dark and he was covered. Isn't it how thieves are in the movies. Tall, covered, and mysterious.", she said dramatically and then pouted. Zain heard whatever she said but he kept taking slow steps forward.

"Forget it Hadia", Bua said calmly. Hadia sulked. She turned her head to the side and starred at his retrieving figure.

"How can I forget it. They ridiculed me in front of a stranger or maybe this stranger ridiculed me in front of everyone, huh", she mumbled and let out air from her mouth. 

"Bua I was so happy that it has rained after months but this city boy spoiled everything",

"Hadia how many times do I need to tell you to stop soaking up yourself in the rain, God forbid you will catch a cold", Bua shook her head in disbelief. At that exact moment before entering into a door Zain turned his head back, their eyes met for a few seconds, and like that, he stepped inside the door and disappeared. Bua was still lecturing her about her health but Hadia was zoned out.

"Did you pick up the clothes from the backyard?", Bua asked but didn't get any reply.

"Hadia", Bua nudged Hadia, breaking her trance of thoughts.

"Yes, what were you saying?",

"Did you pick up the clothes from the backyard", Bua repeated her question.

"Haye Rabba (Oh, God)", Her eyes went wide and she facepalmed. "I was going to pick up the clothes",

"I'll do it now Bua", Hadia said and she ran away.

"Hadia take the umbrella", Bua called out.

"Don't worry, It's alright.", Hadia replied taking quick steps forward.

---------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

I hope you are doing safe and well.

How was today's update?

Which part of the chapter did you like?