CHAPTER-15

*Second update!

Aik raat hovi barsaat bohut,
Mein roya sari raat bohut.

Hur ghum tha zamanay ka lekin,
Mein tanha tha us raat bohut.

----------------------------------------

"Bua do you need anything from Lahore?", Tabrez asked with his eyes looking around as if he was finding something.

"No, I don't want anything", Bua replied.

"Hmm", He hummed.

"Aren't you getting late", she asked him.

For the past few minutes he was talking with Bua but his attention was somewhere else.

Tabrez looked at Bua and scratched his head, "Bua, I wanted to see Hadi before leaving".

Bua laughed, "She is inside the kitchen",

Tabrez hurriedly walked towards the kitchen. Hadia was standing there with her back facing the door. He cleared his throat to get her attention.

She paused.

He stepped forward and stood beside her.

"I am leaving", he said.

"Hmm",

"Do you want anything from Lahore", he tried to stretch the conversation.

She shook her head.

He heaved a sigh, "Everything happened the way you wanted then why are you still not talking to me?", he asked.

He held her elbow and turned her to look at him.

He took her left hand in his. His thumb grazed over the ring that was the sign that she belonged to him.

He looked into her eyes and said "If you are still upset then I'll keep trying to make you happy. I can't give up on you Hadi. Everybody has an addiction, mine just happens to be you".

"Tabrez your mother is calling you", Bua entered the kitchen.

Hadia quickly pulled back her hand from his hold.

"I wish I didn't have to go", he pressed his lips together. "But commitment is a commitment".

"It's just a matter of a few days son", Bua said.

"Yeah", he sighed.

He bid farewell to Bua and just before he was about to step out of the kitchen he halted and turned his head back. His eyes went towards Hadia and said, "Bua, meri Amanat ka khayal rakhna (Take care of my most valued/ precious one)",

Hadia shifted her eyes away from her intense eye-lock.

"Don't worry", Bua smiled.

*****

Hadia was sitting on the takht (wooden bed) in the small living area of her home. The side of her head was pressed against the wall while her eyes were fixed on the dark clouds in the sky.

"Hadia why are sitting here silently?", Bua sat down beside hadia. Hadia turned her head towards Bua. "I am so happy for you and Tabrez. See Almighty has answered all of our prayers", Bua grazed her hand over hadia's head.

Hadia blankly stared at Bua.

"Hadiaaa", Bua called her name lovingly. "What's troubling you?"

The room lit up with a bright flash of lightning, and thunder rattled the windowpane. Hadia glanced at the clouds and then back towards Bua.

Raanjhana | رانجھاناजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें