Zain looked at Marzia. 

"Zain, don't say a dry goodbye to her. She has come to see you leaving her important things behind", Amma Jan said to him.

Zain felt a bit awkward but he stepped towards Mariza and side hugged her. 

"Allah hafiz (May God be your Guardian)", he said.

"Allah hafiz (May God be your Guardian)", Marzia bloomed.

After that Zain settled down in the car and drove off.

"Amma Jan can I spend the day here?", Marzia asked hesitantly.  

"Why not", A smile crept on Amma Jan's face. "Let's go inside". 

*****

Zain was driving through a road between the fields. Tall Eucalyptus trees and other shrubs were lined across each side of the road. Although it was afternoon, yet it was dark outside as the sky was covered with dark clouds. It was raining heavily since he has entered the Sialkot territory.  There wasn't a sign of light in the village that make it hard for him to see any milestone or signboard on the way making the situation even worse. 

Zain was unable to find the place where he will be staying. After a few minutes of more drive, he spotted a stall. He stopped the car in front of the stall. He rolled down the window and he almost yelled, "Excuse me".

The elderly man in the stall looked at him but he couldn't hear anything clearly due to the noise created by the raindrops. He picked up an umbrella and walked up to the car.  

"Salam chacha (Hello uncle)", Zain said. "Can you please guide me where is Chaudhary Aslam's house?".

"Chaudhary Aslam's haveli?", the man asked.

"Yes", Zain replied.

"Sure", The elderly man guided him the directions. Zain thanked him and continued to find the destination according to the instructions this time. After a few more minutes of drive, he reached Chaudhary Aslam's haveli. The guards asked him a few questions and then let him enter the haveli.

He stopped the car in front of the building, put on a navy blue-colored long raincoat, and stepped out of the car. The raindrops fell on his face. He pulled the cap of the raincoat over his head to cover his face from the rain as well. The haveli was dark too, there wasn't any sign of light.

"Where should I go now", he mumbled. His eyes automatically wandered around to spot someone, but there was no one. A cold shiver pass through his body. He blew out the air from his mouth, rubbed his hands together, and walked forward. He was passing by the front yard when suddenly he caught a glimpse of some movements from the side of his eyes. He turned around and paused in his tracks. There was someone on the lawn he realized. 

"Thank God", he mumbled and stepped forward. He halted once he realized what was it. A girl was twirling in the rain with her face tilted towards the sky. She was laughing and dancing. There he was shivering from the cold. 

"How can someone do that in cold", he thought

"Did someone bring the clothes from the backyard?", a feminine voice came from inside of the haveli. The stopped twirling and froze to her place, "Kaprhay? (Clothes?)", she facepalmed. "Abhi layi mein (I'll bring it now)", she replied loudly.

"Haye Rabba (Oh God)", she literally ran inside the haveli. "How can I forget the clothes. We will have to wash them again", she almost whined. 

"Excuse me", Zain called out but she didn't listen to him. He followed her in the long corridor, taking large and quick steps.

"Excuse me", he said again as he neared her. She stopped in her tracks after hearing an unfamiliar voice. She slowly turned around and her eyes went wide. The only thing which she could see was a silhouette of a tall figure covered in a rob with a V-shaped cap over his head. The clouds thundered followed by a wave of lightning passed which made the figure look even more terrifying.