𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

It feels awkward to invite the butler or whatever the hell his job is inside my room.

I can't even tell if he was judging or is slightly disgusting on what kind of apartment I lived in. The man doesn't even say a thing when I have to kick my door first before we got inside.

At least he's decent enough to remove his shoes after entering my humble living space.

"Come, sit down", I gestured to the small table in the wooden floor.

The small table korean tend to use in a traditional form to kneel down in front of it during meals or in my case, I was damn too poor to buy the modern ones.

In fact, it's the only furniture you can see apart from the bed and the small wooden drawers that the apartment already provided. It's just one small room connected to a very tiny bathroom where I can't do a split inside, that's how tightly small it was.

The man sat before me, looking expectantly and I looked over at him in return, I shouldn't start the conversation or else, it would just end up with him being thrown out the door.

"I'm Mr. Jeon and I have come on the behalf of Shin Hwa High. The company's CEO was unable to make, so she sent me instead", he started with all the life in his voice.

Well, it's the opposite really, he sounds so dead, like crawling out from his grave.

I scoffed before stating, "She couldn't come? Or more like you're her boy for running errands to face some poor girl?"

"I have come to offer you scholarship from Shin Hwa High and later on Shin Hwa University"

Before I could come up with any rebuttal, he clapped his hand as if a signal and sure enough, a maid in a uniform enters silently and brought in a bag, holding out a couple pair of uniforms that I can't help but admire the expensive fabric.

I already have one, only one set from the bank that got me here in the first place.

"I hope you enjoy this school year, Ms. Ryujin", Mr. Jeon says before politely bowing in a total perfect posture.

I didn't say anything and only walked out with him on the way out of the apartment building until he stepped inside his service then finally get out of my sight.

Will I really enjoy this school year at all?

But now that I got a scholarship until college, I should take advantage of it because there's nothing I wanted than to not get home anytime soon.

It never felt like one, anyway.

For once, maybe. But eversince that terrible night, everything change for the worst.