The Dark War - Chapter 4

As the two teens awoke, they found themselves trapped in a beige concrete room, leaving nothing more than a small door for an exit. They began to look around, finding tally marks and diary entries ingrained in the cold concrete walls. "Interesting" said Jackson, as he began to read from the wall. Samayla bored, took a metal strip off the ground and began engraving tally marks into the wall; adding to the already present markings. "Hey Samayla, come here" Jackson said with amazement. "What?" Samayla replied as she moved towards Jackson. Jackson, excited, began to spill the beans to Samayla, "According to these diary entries, there exists an ancient artefact capable of granting infinite magical power". Samayla was skeptical. She couldn't quite grasp the idea of infinite power, especially in a seemingly finite universe. "So..." began Samayla, "this artefact, supposedly grants infinite power?". "Supposedly" replied Jackson. "Supposedly..." Samayla said quietly. "So" Samayla began (uninterested in what Jackson was talking about), "Would you wanna try and break out?". "Its worth a shot" said Jackson, "But...we don't have any staffs to magnify our power". "Lets give it a shot anyway" Samayla replied.  "Eh....risky...." Jackson replied, "We'll need a plan". “Then make one!” Samayla shouted"Ok, heres the deal" Jackson quickly began, "As we both know, we can only stun people without our staffs. And, because we don't have our staffs, we'll only be able to escape through obvious routes". "Alrighty" replied Samayla. "Unfortunately, we can hardly form a plan with our lack of supplies. So, this will be a hack and slash job", Jackson began "If we had our staffs, we'd easily be able to chisel a hole into the wall, and a dig a hole out....".  "Well, its worth a shot" Samayla hastily replied". "Alrighty then, let's do this" Jackson said. The the two teens began to wait at the single door in the room, peering through its window, waiting for their chance to escape. Through the window, was a hallway made of nothing but boring grey concrete; guarded by men with heavy black armour. They didn't seem to be moving anytime soon. "Any second thoughts?" asked Jackson. "Not at all" Samayla replied "you scared or something?". "Of course not!" Jackson said hastily "of course not.....". "Let's just do this already!" yelled Samayla as she smashed through the door, struck one of the guards with her leg, disarmed him of his staff, and proceeded to take out the other guard by whacking him in the back of the head. "Grab a staff" said Samayla "we can enchant them to magnify our magic later". Jackson just stood there with his jaw dropped; he didn’t expect Samayla to charge through like that. The two teens, were now free of their temporary cell.