The Dark War - Chapter 1

Everything was dark and clouded, as two men stood guard at the doors of the library. Here, you could find the strongest of spells, capable of both chaos and destruction, and endless in number. The building was made of old grey brick, with vines streaming through the most microscopic of cracks it had. The men wore black bullet proof armour, with black boots, and helmets resembling those that are used on motorcycles. In their arms, they held the strongest of weapons, resembling that of an RPG. Not many knew of the power of magic, and most were lead to believe magic is nothing but a fairy tale. However, that would change on this dark and dreary night. "Hey Carlos" said Prestine "How long 'till our shift is over?". "About half an hour " replied Carlos. Prestine began to speak "I was afraid of that. But, why do we have to guard this place anyway? There hasn't been a war in centuries". Carlos replied "Well, think of us like a bodyguards. People aren't going to constantly attack the people we're protecting. But, theres always a chance". Suddenly, a loud noise sounded behind the library the two men were guarding. "Like now?" Prestine said sarcastically. "We'll see" replied Carlos. The two men began walking to the back of the building. "Stop" said Carlos, "You should still stay guard at the front of the building, don't wanna leave the library doors exposed." Prestine began walking back to the door, as Carlos walked to the suspicious backside of the building. Each step Carlos took on the soft grass, seemed to exponentially fill him with an unnerving tension in his chest. Carlos was a little anxious about what manifested the noise behind the library. He began to peek around the corner, and saw a little teddy bear sitting in the grass. His anxiety eased. "Thats cute" Carlos said to himself. Then suddenly, he heard screaming. It was coming from his own partner, Prestine. Carlos ran back to the doors of the library faster than a speeding missile, so he could make sure his partner was alright. But, he was too late. A man stood at the doors. He wore black plated armour that looked like it came from the medieval times, though, it had an eerie purple glow to it. The man also had long white hair, and a face that seemed to carry strong purpose. He held a glistening sword pointed up to the sky, Prestine impaled at the end of it, skewered like a shish kabob. The man proceeded to toss Prestine off the the sword by simply swinging it to the side. The man didn't seem to break a sweat, nor struggle with the motion. Carlos just watched with disbelief, and quickly looked at his weapon. He knew his weapon was capable of manifesting a single elemental attack every hour. The man noticed Carlos. Carlos immediately reacted to the man's notion, and raised his weapon with haste. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" said the man "Your efforts will be futile". "Who are you?" demanded Carlos. "I am nothing more, than the end of your putrid life" said the man. The man began walking up to Carlos. In panic, Carlos charged up his weapon, and within moments, shot a tremendously large bolt of lighting at the man. However, within that short moment of time, the man swung his sword at the large bolt of lightning, smacking it right back at Carlos. It didn't take too long for Carlos's cooked body to fall to the ground. The man began to walk into the library, with every spell he'd ever need, at his disposal.