Ch.12 For What He Lacks

~~~~Homare's P.O.V.~~~~

"Wow~, really? Toman's only two years old? But it looked like there was so many members last night."

"Yeah, well, we're still working on getting bigger and better."

"I can't wait to see it."

"I can't wait to show it to you... We're here."

Arriving back at my house, Mikey slows down into a complete stop. I step off and smile at Mikey.

"I'll see you soon. Thanks for breakfast, it was fun. I'll pay next time, got it?"

"Yup. I'll see you again real soon. And if that guy comes back, just call."

"Okay, okay. I will."

He just gives me that carefree smile of his. Leaning forward, he kisses my cheek before driving down the street. Smiling to myself, I feel all giddy inside.

"Hehehe... Damn, I really am a school girl."

*Ring* *Ring*

Pulling out my phone, I answer it.

"Sano."

I instantly blush from my mistake.

"I-I mean Sato."

"...Are you with Mikey?"

"Uh, I was..." I answer Takemichi as I enter my house. "He just left from my place."

"Just left?! As in, right now?"

"Yes... What's wrong with that?"

"...I see. So he slept over last night. No wonder you hung up so fast."

My cheeks begin to stain red as I hear his teasing voice.

"S-Shut up! It's not like that! We were just talking and fell asleep! That's all!"

"Fell asleep, eh? In the same bed?"

"...I'm going to hang up."

"Wait! I'm sorry! No more of that! I called to ask to meet up. The events are not the same as we were told."

"I know. There's something we're missing. But what is?"

"I'm not smart enough to figure that out on my own. So let's meet up this afternoon."

"Got it."

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

Meeting up with Takemichi in the city, the two of us stand around.

"Okay, so I have a plan."

"...Thanks for giving me the heads up. See ya."

"No, Homare!"

Grabbing my shoulder, he stops me from leaving.

"Aw~, what?"

"To keep Draken from dying, I'll be his bodyguard."

"..."

"...Homare?"

"..."

I walk right up to him and push him to the ground. He lands on his butt hard.

"Ow~, what was that for?"

"You can't even handle yourself against me! And I'm way weaker than you! How in the living hell are you going to be Draken's bodyguard?! Let me repeat that. Draken's bodyguard. The dude can bodyguard himself. I mean, he is Mikey's number two."