Chapter 1: Encounter at farpoint part 1&2

3rd POV

Personal log, Captain Dakota Hargreeves, Stardate 41153.7: The USS Hood has dropped me and Commander William Riker off at Farpoint Station where we await the arrival of the new USS Enterprise to which I have been assigned as Captain alongside Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Meanwhile, I've been asked to visit the Farpoint administrator's office in the old city with Commander Riker.

Dakota's POV

Me and Will walked through the doors to see an oldish looking man called Groppler. He looked up when he heard us come in and smiled at us "Ah, Commander Riker and Captain Hargreeves, I thought you'd both want to know we've still no word from your vessel. I trust we've made your waiting comfortable?"

Will walked further into the room to stand near his desk but I stayed where I was near the doors, "Luxurious is more like it" Will replied.

"Good" Groppler replied and went to shake Will's hand but they both put the same hand out to shake so Groppler swapped his hands quickly and shook Will's hand.

"Would I seem ungrateful if I asked for some information?" Will asked.

"Anything" Groppler replied.

"Fascinating the advance materials used in constructing this space station. Your energy surplus must be abundant as I've heard" Will said.

"Geothermal energy is one of the great blessings of this planet. I'll have all the details of that sent to both your quarters" Groppler replied back and I nodded.

"Thank you, but it still seems incredible to me that you could've constructed this station so rapidly and so..." Will didn't finish his sentence.

"And so perfectly suited for our needs" I finished Will's sentence in a monotone voice.

"Would you care for an Earth delicacy, Captain? Commander?" Groppler asked me but I shook my head as I don't need to eat.

"Well, if there's an apple..." Will looked at the bowl of fruit to see no apple, Groppler looked down and then back up at Will.

"I'm sorry, Commander" Groppler said to him, Will smiled slightly.

"Oh, it doesn't matter. What I was saying was..." I looked to the side of the desk with Will and saw a bowl of apples. I looked suspiciously at Groppler and moved away from the door to stand next to Will.

"I'll be damned" Will states out of slight shock of the apples just appearing. Groppler looked at them.

"Ah, yes. There was another selection here" Groppler stated and Will picked up one of the apples, I scanned it to make sure it wasn't poisoned and it wasn't.

"Groppler, I could have sworn this wasn't here a minute ago" Will stated smiling.

"And did your failure to notice it make it unwelcome?" Groppler replied.

"Not at all, Groppler" Will replied back to him. Groppler moved around his desk towards the door.

"I trust it will be the same with Farpoint Station, Commander. A few easily answered questions about it won't make Starfleet appreciate it less" Groppler said as he stopped walking with me and Will behind him.

"And it's delicious. Thank you" Will replied.

"Good morning, Groppler Zorn" I said.

"Good morning" He replied.

----------------------------------------

Me and Will walked out and went to the main part of Farpoint Station where we found Doctor Beverly Crusher with her son Wesley Crusher.