Ten|| Ah Sugar Honey Iced Tea

"Regret is such a pointless emotion." -Magnus Bane.

Ten|| Ah, Sugar Honey Iced Tea

I looked around the Biology classroom as Jenna walked around in her high heels.

After Jenna's threat had registered in my head, I tried to run for it and hoped that luck was on my side but considering I've got the lungs of a 60 year old smoker, I was quickly caught and shoved into the nearest classroom.

Man, I swear, this girl had some sort of dark magic within her. How can she possibly run in those things and still look graceful?

I rubbed my arm and pouted my lips as I saw the red marks Jenna had given me with her nails when she had- roughly- shoved me in to the classroom.

"Look, Ellie," she started and fluttered her eyelashes sweetly. "I don't want to hurt you, you look like a decent girl and I wouldn't want you to end up like Rory Tate."

I furrowed my brow and looked up slightly, trying to remember the girl. "I'm sorry, who?"

"Exactly," she said quite enthusiastically as she clapped her hands. "So I won't have to ruin my nails scratching your face off for talking to Parker, right? You have no problem staying away from my Park?"

I nearly threw myself out the window when she had finished her rant.

Luckily, I wasn't in a mood to die; even if I did have the urge to end my life, it'd be no use because we were on the first floor.

Instead of smacking her in the face- like I should have done- I stood up straighter and pursed my lips before speaking. "You're telling me that you chased me in those things," I paused and signaled her shoes, "and nearly gave me a heart attack so you could tell me that?"

Jenna's poker face didn't fall off when she nodded her head affirmatively. "Do we have a problem?"

"Nooo," I dismissed as I started to walk back slowly, "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go bathe myself in Holy Water now that a possible demon is after me."

Her nails once again found the flesh in my arm. "I'm serious, Ellie," she hissed.

"So am I. I have to somehow find 10 gallons of holy water," I remarked playfully.

Jenna tightened her grip and scowled. "I'll make sure the rumors of you dating are gone by tomorrow, just stay away from him."

I saluted her and made my way out the door.

***

I closed the door with my foot as I poked the small cuts on my arm. What were those nails made of?

I had missed the bus and there was no way I was asking anyone- *cough, cough* Parker-for a ride so I ended walking home.

I bumped into a small frame and looked up to see Melody standing there with a stern face, staring right at me.

"What's up in the hood, Mel?"

Melody snorted and crossed her arms.

"Is it true that you're going out with Parker?" She inquired. Straight to the point I see. I didn't know what her problem was, she adored Parker.

"No. Were'd you hear that lie from?" I wasn't exactly lying, I was going to have to tell Will to fast forward the deadline so I could get out of talking to Parker.

Don't get me wrong, I loved socializing with Parker- Ha, he wishes- but I also loved not getting my face torn off.

"Julia told me-" Melody's bickering was cut off by the house phone and I quickly ran to answer it before Mel started speaking again.

I threw myself on the couch and took the phone. "Collins residence. Mad dog speaking."

"Please don't say that ever again," Will pleaded from the other side.

"Yo, Will, what's up in the hood?"

I watched Melody from the corner of my eyes as she rolled her eyes and stomped up the stairs.

"Don't say that either," he said and after a long pause continued, "Look, I now realize that I was wrong. You can befriend an egotistical idiot without a problem..."

I rolled my eyes and tuned him off. I knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to get out of running around school in his underwear but I wasn't letting him."

"... and I think it's reasonable to-"

"Actually, William," I interrupted him and I hoped he could hear my smirk, "I was thinking that we should move the deadline for tomorrow; after all, we know who won."

I heard him sigh from the other side. "Whatever, I'm going to look for my lucky boxers."

"Love you, William!" I exclaimed.

I gasped as I heard the line go dead. Idiot. I took my phone from my back pocket and dialed Parker.

The lady's monotoned voice came after I pressed the green button. I really had to pay my phone bill.

I dialed Parker's number on the house phone and smirked. I was finally getting out of this mess.

"Hello?" Parker answered after the third ring.

"Yo, my man!" I greeted and smiled once I heard Parker's chuckle.

"What do you want, Ellie?" He questioned. I looked at my arm and winced. I was really going to miss getting ambushed by teenage girls.

"Will and I decided to move the deadline to tomorrow so I'm afraid we're going to have to see other people," I stated while the corners of my lips moved up.

"What?" He inquired in a strange voice, "you mean we're done with the bet?"

"Yeah! Isn't it great!"

"Yeah- I mean, I guess," he remarked.

"Okay! Well, I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah."

I smiled evilly as I hung up and put my arms behind my head. Things were finally going my way.

"I thought you knew better than to cheat."

My head snapped towards the direction of the soft- but very harsh and evil- voice to find Melody with the second house phone in her hand.

Ah, Sugar Honey Iced Tea.

Sorry for the long wait but internet's down and I just finished the TMI's series and I am dying.

Cassie C. Has no heart.

Comment, vote, follow, do what you want!

Peace!