Scooby

I'VE GOT FIRE IN MY VIENS!! I nearly forgot why I loved writing The Lycanthrope Club more than my other werewolf stuff. The raw power and wildness of this version of werewolves and other supernatural beings. I mean I do like the whole mates thing wattpad writers do, but they don't seem like werewolves! More like shapeshifters who only turn into wolves(Don't hate me, I still LOVE a lot books on here). Now since I got my Zing back, expect MANY updates.

Without further ado, the next chapter....

Recap:

He shook his head and kissed me on the forehead before walking out the room, closing the door behind him.

I didn't say a word while I picked up Maddy and layed her down onto her bed, tucking her in snugly just the way she liked and giving her her own kiss on the forehead.

With the lights off and the house quiet I drifted off to sleep with a single thought floating around in my mind.

I love my family...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

October 15, 2014

"Renee," a small hand nudged my shoulder lightly. When I didn't respond the nudging become harder and the same voice whispered again. "Reneeeeee."

Groaning I cracked an eye open and looked at the clock.

1:23am

I threw an arm over my eyes and groaned again. "Ughhh, Maddy what is it?" Of course I already knew what it was. What other reason would an eight year old wake you up so early?

"I need to pee," she whispered as though it were a bad thing. I could hear shuffling and guessed that she was doing that little dance to hold it in. Maddy would declare that she wasn't afraid of the dark, in the daytime. When the sun went down she would swallow her fear and make herself walk around in the dark because she would never admit she was scared.

For some of those nights I'd wake up and save her from herself, but since we have a bathroom attached to our room now I assumed the late night trips were over. Which is why I was about to let her down right now.

"Maddy, the bathroom is right there. A good four steps away. Save your bladder and go." She sighed and I heard her feet walking away on the carpet. I turned away when the light came on, not minding she left the door open, and snuggled into my pillow drifting off to sleep again.

She's a big girl.

Something woke me up, something other than the bed dipping under pressure. It was a feeling of certainty that my attention was needed. Maddy probably just came back running from the bathroom when she turned off the light. But as I opened my eyes the bathroom light was still on, turning I read the clock.

2:14am

Huh, weird.

Mama started barking.

Before she could wake anyone up I grabbed her and leant against the headboard. Rubbing her back I looked over to Maddy standing beside the bed looking uncertain. The look she got when she thought people would like something but suddenly had second thoughts. Which she now completed by biting the side of her bottom lip.

Instead of asking her I went with the feeling that was telling me to look around my room. When nothing seemed out of the ordinary I looked at Maddy again, who looked at the floor. With a brow raised I leant over the bed to look to. A scruffy white tail was sticking out from under the bed.

"Did not see that coming," I whispered completely surprised. As if it could feel our eyes on it the thing started whimpering. "Yeah, sooo...?"

"I found the wolf from the story!" She kneeled down to look at the tail. "He was outside crying to make stars!"

Oh boy.

I sat Mama on the bed so I could slide off. I switched the room light on by the door and let a huff out. I was having my doubts that this wasn't really happening, that I was still dreaming. Maddy went to the bathroom and came straight to bed without bringing a wolf in the house. Though my nerves were slightly agitated because of the thing under the bed. That weird feeling was still bothering me.

At the other side of the bed I got onto my stomach and looked at it. When we made eye contact it looked down and started whimpering all over again. I starting doubting it was a wolf, but we would have to get it out in the light to see for sure.

"Come on Mr. Wolfy Thing, lets get a look at you." It made no move to leave, and wanting to go to back to sleep I took some frustration out on it. "Get you furry hide out here!"

It yelped and started to scramble from under the bed. Immediately its tailed was tucked between its legs and head low.

"You don't seem like wolf material." I meant it by is actions as well as looks. Its back was slightly slanted like a German Shepard, and the fur was short for fall.

"He's pretty," Maddy suggested. I nodded my agreement. Off white fur with a brown and black patch on its back. Wouldn't do much good for hunting until winter though.

Boldly I took it by the scruff to look the thing over. He started shaking as I ran my fingers through his hair. Confirming that it was in fact male, slightly emaciated and that he didn't have any injuries.

"I think he's a wolf dog," I murmured.  After I said that he finally looked me in eyes for a total of two seconds. It was enough for me to catch his brown eye color. And something else.

"I'm gonna call him Scobby!" I looked at Maddy like she just said it in French. Keeping him wasn't an option I thought about, but suddenly I wanted to keep him close by. I didn't have the hear to send him out into the world the way he was. I wondered how he even managed to feed himself before. So I went with something else.

"Why Scooby?"

"Because he's a big scardy cat," she said looking in his direction. Scooby lowered his head like he couldn't deny it. I smiled and decided it was time for us to get back to bed. Maddy was happy to and jumped into her bed, patting by her feet. "Come on Scooby, its bed time."

"It was bed time hours ago." I grumbled under my breath. He was looking at me waiting for something. I nodded towards Maddy and was surprised when he hesitantly jumped onto her bed at her feet.I flicked the light off and headed for my bed, but stopped when he started whining again.

It better not be what I think it is.

"He's scared of the dark!" Maddy giggled. I think she was secretly happy to say that about someone else for a change. It was a good thing Champ was the guard dog.

Humoring the situation I left the bathroom door cracked so the bedroom was some what lit. He didn't make another sound the entire night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This  chapter is short because I've been working on some of my other stories at the same time, so by the time you read this those will have been updated on the same day. If you're interested GO CHECK 'EM OUT!

We have a new character SCOOBY! The picture above is what he looks like.

As always thank you to the readers!

PLEASE LIKE. SHARE. AND COMMENT