I swung around my watch, there's nothing I can hook it up to-- the only thing I can do is set off other bombs. Deku walked up to me out of breath, I immediately clung onto his shoulders. "Please help me out, I don't want to get eliminated early! I'll let you cross as number one too!"

    "...I don't even have a plan." He tried to pull away but I clung onto his shoulder tighter.

   "You're Izuku Midoriya! Master planner, you're telling me you don't have a plan?!"

   "....I don't know... i can't tell if it would work with even just me."

   "Explain to me and I'll do what you want."

   "It's difficult but..." He explained what we needed. "We gotta think about this. These land mines go off if you step on them. They're not that powerful, but they can turn into a huge pain if you detonate a bunch of them. You can't just rush through. It's better to slow down and avoid them altogether. That way you won't risk injuring yourself with one. Even the people who are good at jumping can't be too careless. And there are even more of them to watch in the front. No one's going to be able to go through this very quickly."

    "We can use that to our advantage!"

    "Everyone was most careful around the entrance. There will be plenty of landmines still buried around there."

    I dug with my pocket watch and carefully placed the bombs into one small pile, I worked hard to not set any of them off. Pushing them in, we slowly came to a halt.

   "What are they doing...?" Jiro asked Kamanari when she finally made it to the landmines.

    "Freaks of nature together I guess?"

    "Todoroki and Bakugo are neck and neck for the lead and knocking on the finish line!"

     I had to tune everyone out and continue to make sure the land mines were tight and compact. Deku waved me over and I hopped onto his back, hooking onto my legs and tying us together with the chain. He gave me a nervous gin as he hitched up my legs. You could see how white his knuckles were as he held onto the straps. He instructed me to use my other pocketwatch to hit the pile to send us flying in the air.

       My hands started to sweat a little, one wrong move and I would accidentally blow the both of us up. I needed to be precise with where and when I hit the watch. I swung the watch as he jumped on the pile, before it hit the ground I knocked on the middle one as hard as I could. We were launched into the air so high I couldn't help but let out a yelp.

    "What's with that huge explosion in the back?! That was way more powerful than it should be! Incredible! What just happened?!" He shouted as we made our way in the sky. "Whatever the case. Class 1-A's Izuku Midoriya and F/N L/N are in hot pursuit of first place! Who out of the two will actually become first?!"

      "Super‐explosive turbo speed!" We screamed together, our voices echoed and rushed forwards.

    "Midoriya?" Todoroki asked.

    "Chains?!" Bakugou screams.

    "Whatever the case, Class 1‐A's F/N L/N and Izuku Midoriya are suddenly in hot pursuit of first place!—Strike that! The lead is theirs!"

     "We flew over them just like I planned. But there was more force than I expected!" Deku expressed. "Oh how are we going to land?! Wait wait?!"

    'How were we going to land—'

    "Deku! What the hell do you think you're doing, huh?" A voice shouted behind us. Bakugou and Todoroki were hot on our trail.

     "This ice path will end up helping others. But there's no time to worry about them!"

      "Look at that plot twist! Those two aren't fighting anymore. They're chasing their classmates! That's what having a common enemy would be in this competition!" Present mic shouted into the mic. I could just feel that he's standing over the stand and Aizawa wants to murder him.— He might try when he gets out of his bandages.

      "This fight is still far from over, though.Anything can happen."

     "Oh, no. I'm losing speed. This is bad. They'll get ahead of us again." Izuku cried.

    "Think of something!"

    His eyes flickered before he tightened his grip on my thighs. "Hold on tight—"

    He threw the metal robot part into the ground, I clung onto his neck while twirling my watch around to hit more land mines. He used Todoroki and Bakugou as stepping stools as we blasted past the two of them.

     "In a stunning move, Midoriya and L/N have blasted past their classmates from 1‐A! I don't believe it‐‐they cleared that minefield in an instant! Eraser Head, Your students are amazing! What the heck are you teaching them?"

     "This has nothing to do with me. Each of them is powered by their own drive to succeed."

      "There ya have it, EraserHead is a terrible teacher.—"

       "—I'm what?—"

       "—Who would have imagined at the beginning of this race that the climax would be a non‐stop mega‐mix of surprises? The first to make it back into the stadium is the first‐place winner!"

     I thanked him as we quickly untied ourselves. I collected my chain while running after the green haired boy. 'Should I warn him?—it'll be better if I didn't..'

     I trailed behind Bakugou and Todoroki before crossing the line myself. Doubling over out of breath, I came in forth place. Did I deserve it? Hell no. Am I going to take it?....

Hell yeah.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰