“Right. Am I flying as well?” Jisoo leaned against the tiled wall, arms crossed in front of her.

Lisa looked sheepishly and nodded.

“What’s that look for? Spit it out? Am I flying to some asshat lame city with one runway and no internet?” Jisoo scolded her, hands on her hips.

“Actually I -” Lisa was interrupted by her mobile ringing. “Yeah?” She answered quickly. After another moment she hurriedly glanced at her watch and replied she’d be there in a minute. “I have to go. Flight’s ready for boarding.” She explained checking her appearance once more in the mirror. “I’m in Boston from 4ish on. Can we talk later?”

“Sure. Go.” Jisoo ushered her out of the restroom and turned back to her terminal.

When Lisa came running down the bridge she was stopped by a laughing Roseanne.

“Easy there tiger, we don’t want you breaking anything.”

She slowed and marvelled at the beauty in front of her. Roseanne’s smile morphed into a concerned look. “Are you ok?”

“Sorry because of earlier. I had to… you know.” Lisa answered vaguely and the blonde nodded, not really understanding a word, but time wasn’t what they had to waste at the moment. Lisa stepped into the cockpit and greeted her co-pilot before she glanced over her shoulder watching Roseanne watching her. She waited with her trademark half grin for the blonde’s attention, and when brown eyes met hers she couldn’t help feeling breathless and overwhelmed.

“Have a good flight Ms Park.” She said after another moment.

“You too Captain. Let me know if you need anything.” Roseanne answered and closed the door to the cockpit before contacting the gate to initiate the boarding.

***

Lisa had always found cross country flights uneventful and boring, but with Roseanne’s entertainment talent the pilot found herself listening to the cabin announcements more often within the five and a half hours of their flight than ever before. If her co-pilot had found this weird, she hadn’t said anything. They had exchanged pleasantries before take-off and stayed professional without revealing anything private. Roseanne had joked again hoping to be on the ‘Polar Express’ and Lisa had laughed. They were way into their journey when Lisa called the cabin.

“Yes?” Roseanne sounded a little out of breath.

“Are you busy?” The pilot asked politely recognising the voice immediately.

“Um, not sure you’ve realised, holed up in the front playing with your joystick, but there are about 150 passengers as well on that plane who want to be fed and pampered?”

“Right.” Lisa grinned. “Joystick?”

“Well whatever you call that thing you use to steer the monster.” Roseanne grinned as well, gesturing to her colleague to start serving the first class.

“Mmm, if you fancy I’ll explain it to you.” Lisa offered. Without knowing Roseanne had managed to lift the heaviness of off Lisa’s shoulders. The blonde turned around to the camera above the
cockpit door and smiled.

“I might take you up on that.” Roseanne answered still looking up when she felt a hand at her arm pulling her back to reality. “I’ve gotta go. Was there anything you wanted?” She asked.

Lisa bit her lip for a moment, watching Roseanne on the monitor, before answering. “If you have time can we get some coffee?” Lisa asked quickly when she realised the co-pilot was looking at her.