Chapter 18

"We are now fighting for you life." My father snaps at me as I organise my documents. "I beg of you to drop this case."

I pause for a moment, "I can't."

"People broke into your home and vandalised it." He gestures to the graffiti in my living room wall. "They call you the devils whore, a nigger and words that I could never dream of saying in your presence. I don't want to come here to find your body on the ground."

"You won't." I tell him while pursing my lips. "What happened yesterday will never happen again as this case is bigger than all of us. This isn't about the defendant, this is about justice and what's right for this world. If I walk away then we lose... black people lose because we stopped the fight."

"We have been loosing since the beginning of time." A tear falls from my father's eyes and I nod my head in agreement. "Slavery ended but we are still ostracized, we are the entertainment for the white man. They target, beat, kill and rape us for their own amusement."

"And they always get away with it

"And they always get away with it." I wipe my tears away. "Not anymore."

"Please, my daughter." My eyes widen as my father gets down on his knees. "I beg you, I am on my knees begging you to drop this case."

"When does it end?" I get down on my knees while looking into his eyes. "We have lost so many people because of this endless war. I am in a position where I can flip things whether I win or lose, I am in a positon of power. I would be a fool to give that up when the fight is just beginning."

"Then you take them all down." He cups my face as I nod my head. "You take them all down."

Working alongside Michael K Williams has been a dream that I never knew I had. Being his scene partner is a true honor as he knows how to bring his character to life in a way that it makes the whole thing seem so real. We were not scripted to cry or fall to our knees but that's what we felt we should do.

I have always been more technical when it comes down to acting as I don't want to be deemed as somebody you can't work with. Michael brings the passion out of me and I'm finding myself improvising more than I ever would do with a movie.

"This has been such a magical experience." I tell Michael as they start prepping for the next scene. "I know we're far from over but working with you has truly been an honor."

Michael chuckles as we share a hug, "The honor is all mine and I am the one who feels it in your presence. I'm working alongside a future academy award winner and that in itself is a story that I will tell till the day I die." 

"We are both future academy award winners." I tell him and he nods at me. "If they never acknowledge then that's their loss because we're brilliant."

"Amen to that."

---

ChrisEvans: The most beautiful woman in the world 🌹

Sorry mom.

5,000,000 likes ~ 12,000 comments

"Sometimes you find love when you least expect it." I softly say into the microphone as I stare into the audience. "Love comes to you when you need it most but in the most unexpected ways because you didn't know that it was what you needed to complete you."

"Amen to that." Somebody calls out from the crowd.

"I was single by choice for many years as I focused on building my career as an actress and singer. Love came to me on the set of Avengers: Infinity Wars." The crowd starts cheering as I smile. "I have never been happier than I am today. Having a partner who loves you, treats you with respect and honors your work is hard to come by but I found that in Chris."

My eyes find my partners' who is blushing at my words and I wink at him.

"I love you, Christopher Jamal Evans." I joke while making reference to the meme on Twitter and he bursts out laughing, placing his hand over his left breast.

I, I'm I'm so in love with youWhatever you want to doIs all right with me'Cause you make me feel so brand newAnd I want to spend my life with you

Whatever you want to do
Is all right with me
'Cause you make me feel so brand new
And I want to spend my life with you

My dancers join me in v formation as we perform our nineties inspired choreography that I personally choreographed in preparation for this song.

Let me say that since, baby, since we've been together
Ooh, loving you forever
Is what I need
Let me, be the one you come running to
I'll never be untrue

I put the microphone back on the stand, breaking away from my dancers as I channel my inner Al Green all while showing my man what he means to me.

Oh baby
Let's, let's stay together ('gether)
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Oh, oh, oh, oh, yeah
Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad

Performing on stage is something that comes relatively easy to me due to my upbringing. My mother was part of the biggest girl groups in the world so we were pretty much brought up in that world and I have share the stage with her countless times.

Let's, we oughta stay together ('gether)
Loving you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Come on
Let's, woo (let's stay together) let's stay together
Loving you whether, whether times are good or bad

I beckon Chris towards the stage and he smiles while shaking his head.

"Mr Chris Evans will not join me on stage." I announce over the microphone and the crowd react. "So I will go to his side..."

The band start playing the instrumentals to I Will Follow Him which I have no intentions of singing. I slowly walk down the steps with the help of a  dancer while singing a few adlibs into the microphone as I start walking over to Chris.

He straightens up in his seat as I approach him and the smile that graces his face has me wanting to give him children. Getting to know Chris Evans has truly been a beautiful experience and it's been such an honor to be his partner.

"You're just too good to be true." I laugh a little as I sit down on his lap. "I can't take my eyes off you."

Chris takes the microphone out of my hands, "You'd be like Heaven to touch. I wanna hold you so much..."

The whole room applauds as Chris sings for the first time which is honestly a surprise to me.

"At long last, love has arrived..." I sing to my man who rubs his nose against mine.

Chris clears his throat, "And I thank God I'm alive."

I hold out the microphone out as we sing the last two lines together.

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you

"Mr Chris Evans, everybody." I softly say into the microphone before we share a sweet kiss. "I love this man."