When Your Darkest Nightmare Become Real

October 2017

Dear diary,

My head is so dizzy today. Everything seemed to be spinning so fast. I couldn't catch up. Ah, even since the history lesson this afternoon, I couldn't think because I'm dizzy. Irritating. Luckily, the math test was in the morning. If the exam was in the afternoon, I might get a zero because I was dizzy! Why do I can get dizzy like this? Tomorrow there will be a quiz in history class. I hope I don't get dizzy tomorrow. Oh, now it's late. I want to sleep first. Good night, friend.

.~.~.~.

It's very dark. Oh, I need to get my gear ready before it starts to rain. There is a terminal about 30 meters from the school. Maybe, I can walk there before it rains. At least one or two microlites are still there.

I put all the books in my bag haphazardly. The sky is getting darker, making me even more panicked. After all my belongings managed to fit into my backpack, I closed it with difficulty before looking around. The classrooms were quiet, some still looking serious reading books and some articles in the newspaper. I sighed. They intend to do their article project today. Well, I don't care. I have no business with that. In the back, they go home in their private vehicle or be picked up by car by their parents or driver later. Regardless, I don't care about that. I looked towards the door, observing several students who left the classroom in a hurry after saying goodbye to the teacher in this class, Miss Rega. Immediately, I slung over my fairly full backpack and reached for the jet-black laptop bag on the chair. After seeing the hands saying goodbye to Miss Rega like the others, I exited the classroom and tried not to gallop as I walked.

Down the corridor, I glanced at the glow-in-the-dark wall clock above the door of one of the classrooms. It is now half-past five in the afternoon. As usual, writing extracurricular classes always end up sick. Oh, I hope the microlite is still in the terminal when I come. At the gate, I waved to the security guard on duty and ran towards that terminal. A drizzle started to touch my forehead. I panted, but I didn't slow my pace. If I fail to meet the microlite, I have to walk a long way to get home!

After running quite a distance, I finally arrived at the terminal. All the lights have turned on. I tried to find mine while looking around the remaining microlite. Oh, there's a microbus on its way through my home location, the last microlite. Oh, praise God! The drizzle began to grow heavier when I walked towards the almost-full microlite.

Before the microlite drove off, I took the time to glance at the clock on the wall in the terminal lobby. It's five o'clock. I gasped. The microlite passed a street light at one of the forks. I looked at the street lamp and spit. My guess is correct. There's something weird about all of this. Something that shouldn't be happening is happening right now.

.~.~.~.

October 2017

Dear diary,

Today there was a strange incident at school. Someone blocked the toilet door in front of the classroom. I don't know what the man meant by blocking the door considering, that the toilet was still usable and had no damage. Some friends said that the toilet was closed because there's a leak in the toilet pipe. But they're also still guessing, of course. I wonder, who barred the door without a warning sign like that? I did not see his face when he barged the door. Maybe I will find out tomorrow.

.~.~.~.

"Hey, how about the history quiz?" Ree asked as he greeted me in the art room corridor. I looked at him with a sour expression.

"Unsettling," I replied.

"How much you got?" asked Raa, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. I held my breath and glanced at her briefly.

"Oh, can't you stop appearing suddenly like that?" I asked sharply, "That's really shocking, you know!"

"I didn't show up all of a sudden," she said with a grin, "I've been behind Ree the whole time."

Hearing her words, I rolled my eyes. Raa and Ree are identical twins of different sexes. In appearance, of course, they looked very similar even though they were of different sexes. However, apart from the different sexes, the nature of the two is very much different. Ree is calm and friendly, with a very unstoppable curiosity. While Raa is the most shabby girl I have met. Raa has a myriad of unique ideas. She can surprise you with her ideas, while her most common hobby is hiding for some time and appearing suddenly out of nowhere.

"You know, if you want to appear it's better if you didn't jump suddenly from behind your brother like earlier," I replied calmly, "after all, this 'sudden popping' hobby of yours is not a natural hobby, you know. You lucky, I'm not getting a heart attack."

"Eh, sorry," she mumbled as she clasped her hands in front of her chest, "I was just joking."

Seeing her, I smiled while nodding briefly.

"So, how much are you worth?" asked Ree, opening his water bottle.

"As usual," I replied, "you know very well that I'm not a history buff."

"Really?" he giggled, "80s?"

"Yup," I replied, nodding. While chatting, we walked down the corridor together. At the corridor end, I turned to them, "Are you guys coming to the cafeteria?"

They shook their heads.

"Ree and I have to go to the library," replied Raa, "you know, right? About the project."

I nodded in understanding.

"Okay, then," said Ree as he grabbed Raa's hand, and she immediately pushed away. With an annoyed glance at Raa, Ree continued, "see you later!"

"Yeah, see you later," I replied. In the corner, I watched Ree and Raa bicker until they disappeared into the corner of the corridor ahead. Sighing, I walked towards the cafeteria. There might be something bad happening shortly, and I had to prepare for any eventuality.

.~.~.~.