2 : bicycles and skateboards

Y/n's POV

It's currently morning and as I was drinking my coffee on the balcony, that same girl was across me again. The houses are a bit far away from each other so I don't know if she can hear me when I talk.

"I want friends" I frowned to myself. I think I will die lonely if I don't have one. The girl looked up at me and waved her hand cutely once again. She looks way more younger than me, maybe 5 years? I don't know... she looks like a baby.

 she looks like a baby

I waved my hand back and this time, she didn't go back inside her room but stayed there, reading the book in her hand. I was observing her and she looks like a fast reader? I mean... every 15 seconds, she flips pages. When I read, It takes me minutes... or is she reading a Child's book? You know, pictures and stuff... but I don't think so, I noticed her book was Jojo Moyes' Me Before You novel. I read about it before that's why I know.

I shook my head while smiling to myself.

She's probably not reading it. I thought.

There's one more person who did this strategy before to get my attention. When I was in my 3rd year of high school, Xiaoting was ignoring me big time at school. She asked me before if I got a crush on someone else and I said yes. I had a crush on this guy celebrity but she thought it was one of our male classmates. The next day, she never came to my house and ignored me at school. She never went to me at lunch so I got no choice but to eat alone in the library.

While eating there, she eventually came and sat across me. She was holding a book. Romeo and Juliet.

"Missed me?" I chuckled as I asked her. I saw her roll her eyes before flipping a page. I remember, she just opened the book 15 seconds ago. "No, I got an assignment about this" I scrunched my face. We don't have any assignments yesterday. She's definitely lying.

Another 10 seconds passed and she flipped the page again. For another 16 seconds, she didn't even look at the right page then flipped for another again.

"Are you sure you're reading that?" I asked her, resting my head on my palm. I already finished eating lunch so I cleaned it up for a minute already. "Hmm"

"Why?"

"I told you, I got assignments"

"I'm your classmate, Shen Reading" she slammed the book loud that was heard by the librarian. She gave us a long shush so Xiaoting gave up already. "Fine, I missed you. Happy?" She was glaring at me the whole time. "Are you angry? Did I do anything wrong?" I made sure that I will sound sad so she will stop glaring at me. I know she can't handle me being sad or angry. "Nothing, you did nothing... just... nothing"

"Come on, tell me" I begged. "Nothing, really"

I never knew the reason why she was angry at me at that time but as we got together, she shared that she was jealous of my crush. After telling her my crush was a celebrity, she let out a deep sigh that made the both of us laugh at ourselves.