Chapter 47

Hot burning agony slaughtered through Draupadi.

The reverberating ache of betrayal, stung in her heart, making it pulse.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

That was all she was, for ever trusting these men. How could she be so stupid? And think that everyone of them is so perfect.

No one ever is.

Everything had been too beautiful to be true, no wonder she was left with an aching heart.

Wiping her tears furiously, she marched through the thick foliage.

The feel of zephyr, did little to subdue the flaming blaze in her.

She was incandescent, more on herself, rather than anyone else. She should have known better.

She shouldn't have trusted, all that ever achieved was pain. And this agony, was a result of her foolery.

A tremor passed down her back, the organ in her chest, spasmed sharply, making another set of tears role down her cheeks.

She stumbled, catching herself on a nearby tree, before she hit the ground. Her knees buckled, laying her head against the rough bark, she let her tears flow.

Let her agony out. "Why. . ."

Shutting her eyes, she let the tears flow.

Yudhisthir broke through the foliage, his heart cracking seeing the scene ahead of him.

"Panchaali." Agony reflected through his words, he had done this. Guilt slammed heavily in his chest.

"Oh Panchi." Bheem whispered, stepping up next to his brother. Other pandavas, flanking on his either side.

"Panchaali-"

"Don't come closer."

Arjun's heart squeezed sharply, hearing her words. Lost and dark, snapping at him.

"Please give us a cha-"

"To break my heart again?" Her words were broken, and their shredded, sharp edges, cutting Nakul's heart.

"We didn't mean-"

"What did you expect lying would achieve?" She snapped, eyes flying open. Fury contorted her features.

"Arya putr Sehdev, what did you all think, your lies would make me feel?" She questioned, her voice hard, eyes blazing.

"Panchaali, we were just trying to protect you." Nakul pleaded, his face masking into sadness.

"By breaking my heart. . ." Her throat tightened, a burning sensation, rising in her throat.

"Draupadi. . ."

"So that's my name." She whispered, letting her tears flow.

"We were helpless." Yudhisthir kneeled in front of her. His orbs shone with a deep sadness.

His brother following his suit.

She pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. Letting her chin rest on her knees.

"Priye, we could never, ever, dream about hurting you." He began, his voice cloaking with a deep soul shattering agony.

His voice was thick with emotions, cracking as he spoke.

"Panchaali, your appearance was so sudden. No one expected. None of us did, and than who had sent you in future, remained a mystery." Bheem continued, a lone tear tracing down his cheek.