Ch. 3

:D
(loop song for it to last the whole time :3)

---

 A soft groan filled the void when gaining consciousness. Slowly, Dream opened his eyes, his vision slowly getting used to the dim lighting, the only light coming from the small glowing berries littered around the lush cave.

 He adjusts himself to sit up, but feels something heavy on top of him. Looking down, he sees a person lying on top of him, unconscious.

"Wha-" he quickly whispers, but cuts himself off. He remembered. This was Y/n, but...why did he bring them here? This mission was supposed to be top secret.

 The more he thought about it, the more he realized something. He was acting strangely around them, but why? There was this strange attraction he had to them, but he shouldn't be. They've only just met, but...he wants to get closer.

No, he shouldn't. Although they're friendly, it'd be wrong to do so, at least right now. Besides, he had a mission to finish, which takes priority.

He looks around, subconsciously lowering his hand onto their head, petting their hair gently.

 It was very pretty, he must admit. To his right, in the far corner, was a small stream that formed into a pond, surrounded by patches of moss and azalea flowers.

 Now that he was paying attention, he could feel that they fell on top of a bed of moss and flowers, which was quite soft.

 Looking up, he can barely see a dot of light, probably where they fell from. They must've fallen for a while for it to be so far away.

Turning his attention to his left, he froze. On the far wall was a naturally formed pathway, but that wasn't the reason he froze. Very dimly, he can see a very soft green glow, getting brighter and dimmer every couple seconds.

Carefully, he moved Y/n to the side, who had yet to wake. Looking around one final time, he made his way towards the glow, anxiety slowly growing the further he moved away from the vulnerable hermit.

...

 A loud groan left Y/n's lips, adjusting to lean on their side and rubs their head. When opening their eyes, they saw the lush design of the cavern they were in. Cold water streamed into a small pond, surrounded by pink flowers and glow berries.

 Slowly getting up, they only now realized Dream's absence. In a panic, they got up and looked around frantically, calling out his name, only to get silence in return.

 They take a deep breath after their attempts to get Dream's attention, finding no reason to panic over something they can't control. He'll be fine, he's more than capable of taking care of himself.

 Taking in their surroundings again, they notice the small passageway on the left. Seeing that's the only way out of this area, Y/n assumes that's where Dream must've gone.

So, getting up with another groan of discomfort, they make their way to the narrow passage, adjusting their armor to be on properly.

 Walking through was a bit of a hassle to slip through the small path, especially with the armor, but it was manageable. When they made it into the new area, they couldn't believe what they saw.

The entire cavern hallway was covered head to toe in varying types of crystals, having a glittery glow to them, illuminating the area in various colors.

[TW // minor panicking]

 Though, something about this area seemed odd. The moment they stepped into the area, all the gems all turned into a deep red, providing an ominous feeling in Y/n's gut.