"Let's talk about it later at the warehouse" I said and Mikhail agreed before hanging up.

Looking down at Cole, he seemed to be in thought but there was a frown on his lips.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I might know someone that we can give it to" he said, a sigh falling from his lips after.

I was confused but I didn't say anything and just waited for him to explain.

"There was a UC that made me yesterday, almost immediately honestly. We had only made eye contact once and he was able to tell that I wasn't a regular worker at the hospital. He kept following me around trying to ask me questions about what I knew about the problem at the hospital" He explained.

I was a bit bothered by that, what if this guy wanted to use it as leverage? Cops are always willing to do whatever it takes to get the information they need, no matter what. It was never a good thing when the cops get involved and this isn't just me as a mafia boss speaking.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure if he's actually someone to be trusted, or if he even is a cop, but he gave me this to call him if I ever decided I wanted to talk" Cole dug in his pocket and handed me a small card.

'Floyd Nixon, xxx-xxx-xxxx'

I didn't think much of it when Cole handed me the car but after replaying his words in my head, I paused.

Wait one fucking minute.

"He...followed you around?" I asked slowly.

"Mhm" Cole nodded.

I could feel an oncoming twitch in my eyebrow. Cole may have not found anything wrong with it since nothing happened but a ton of flags were going off in my mind. Maybe that was just me being protective but at the same time, isn't that just a bit too persistent? I couldn't give a shit if it was in the name of the law, it was fucking weird.

"I want to meet him" I said and Cole raised a brow.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"...to talk" I vaguely answered but Cole didn't seem to buy it.

"I get the feeling you don't just want to talk" he said. I gave a faux look of surprise before answering.

"What? Of course I do. What else do you think I'm going to do? Shoot him?" I asked and even though I came across it jokingly, if I really did feel like this Floyd was a bad guy, I may just have to threaten him.

And shooting someone is totally considered as a threat.

"I wouldn't put it past you" Cole grumbled.

"Mm, you know me so well" I said, hugging Cole closer.

"I wonder how those guys will react when they find out about this" I said randomly.

"Shouldn't we have told them already?" Cole asked and I frowned.

"Why should we tell them? It's not as if they have to know. Besides, everyone needs a good surprise every once in a while" I said with a grin.

Cole gave a small hum before sitting up. I frowned at the loss of warmth but said nothing since I was already on thin ice from yesterday. Turns out even if this job was fake, Cole still disliked being late and he was pretty serious about it.

It was very cute but I held my tongue on the matter for once in my life.

"I'll ask Nixon if he has time to talk" Cole said as he got out of bed.

"I know I probably don't have to say this but just for my sake, be careful around that guy" I said as I watched Cole walk around the room, getting his things ready.