CH. 7 Circus Lights

Começar do início

Angered all over again, I burst out, "She's annoying and pathetic!" I groaned and stormed down the stairs.

"But Violet!" Carina shouted from the top floor. "Your food!" She reminded.

"Can you please just bring it down to me?" I requested.

The thought of Rosemary infuriated me! How can someone be so damn weak? Forget what I said about her, there was nothing interesting about her! Nothing special! She was just like every other loser that fucked anything that had legs and moved!

-

New girl this, new girl that! Rosemary this, Rosemary that! Ugh, couldn't people just shut up about her? Not like we never had new students ever! People needed to get over her! Yes, the school was not used to a clown from the circus appearing out of nowhere but seriously, it was getting annoying! Hearing about the new girl reached it's limit! She was so overrated! Why couldn't people stop talking about the fact that she was Melanie's next target? Melanie hooked up with more people than we could ever count, why were they so stuck on this one being the next victim? Rosemary was weirdly so intriguing but so overrated!

Everywhere I turned, all I heard was her name. Could never escape her. I hated her for the fact that she agreed to track my every move and report it to my parents. Why not just get me a puppy and handcuff it to my ankle? That'd at least be cute and get me more admirers.

I was in the theater room, making out with a guy. However, I could not do that comfortably because I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure that Rosemary was not spying on me, ready to snitch me out to my parents.

"Violet, what's up?" He noticed my distraction.

I shook my head slightly, playing it off, "Nothing, just a little tired," I used as an excused. I'm Violet Delaney, I could not let anyone see me be worried about anyone else.

As if he cared though. All he cared about was hooking up with the most wanted and popular girl. I meant shit to him. People around me praised me and thought that I didn't catch the reality of what they sought. For their friends and the people around them to praise them for reaching me. All they cared about was clout. They only saw me as a pretty face but never cared to know the real me. Who I really and truly was.

Never could ever understand me...

No one knew the real me and never was....

-

After taking a long walk around the tennis court since no one tended to linger around late at night, I returned back to the dorm room. Edgar didn't go through with tonight's party. Something about having to work on a firm.

Entering the dorm room quietly, I saw that Lucy had fallen asleep already. A sigh escaped my lips when I saw that Rosemary was still awake, reading a book.

"Of course, you're a nerd," I remarked, closing the door behind myself quietly to not awake Lucy.

Annoyed at my sight, Rosemary shifted her eyes from the most likely boring pages and rolled her eyes. As if I did not exist, she continued to read her dull book.

Offended by the disrespect, I gasped in disbelief as I brought my hand up to my chest.

Oh yeah? She was going to act like a book was more interesting than I was? Oh hell no! My confidence needed to be shooting off like motherfuckin' fireworks! This girl was hella sketch! Well, two could play this game! Let's see if she could still pretend after what I had planned to do!

Determined, I stormed up the stairs to get to the second floor. Scrambled through my side of the closet and quickly searched for what I had in mind. Pushed everything aside. Either way, I was going to get some freshman to feel lucky enough to organize it tomorrow.