T W E N T Y

☆

☆.。.:* BABY STEPS .。.:*☆
act three — the time apart
(🪐🕊🏹🐚)

"how are you feeling, love?" lando asked softly, unaware if the pregnant woman in his arms was asleep or not, his hand running through the soft curls of her hair as it lay on his shoulder.

"upset and annoyed." thea huffed quietly, moving the hand that was fiddling with her other onto lando's thigh, the touch causing butterflies in both of their stomachs but right now wasn't the best time to mention anything to do with their relationship. "i just wanted for us to be able to go out without pictures being taken."

"i know, it's annoying and disrespectful." as much as they wanted to talk about the situation that had happened that morning, neither of them actually wanted to acknowledge the negative side of it all, them simply wanting to focus on all of the good, even if thea found it hard to see it. "but how do you feel about people knowing about the baby?"

"it was going to come out sooner or later, i just wish that it wasn't like that." thea shrugged slightly, the small movement making her body move closer into lando's, the arm around her shoulder unconsciously getting tighter. "i had an idea on how i was going to tell people and now it doesn't matter."

"you could always do it in the future, you never know?" lando chuckled, wanting to lift the mood to cheer thea up, in which he did as she looked up at him with a gentle smile on her face, the innocent look on her face pulling at his heartstrings.

"i don't plan on having anymore children after her." thea was so sure about this, when she had gotten pregnant earlier in the year, her and lando had decided that this would be their last baby; unless of course something happening that they hadn't necessarily prepared for. "do you not remember what i said to you when i was in labour with louis?"

"i'm never having sex with you again." lando mimicked her voice as best as he could, thea erupting in laughter at him, the blonde placing lando's hand on her stomach where their daughter had just started kicking, obviously hearing her parents laughing and talking. "look at where that got us."

"why do you think i always got pregnant at the same time?" thea giggled, waiting for the realisation to settle in his brain, the look of confusion sat on his face as he traced some numbers and letters onto her stomach, the numbers and letters being associated with his name and racing number, the number that was associated with a world champion.

"i don't actually know how conception dates work." lando admitted, thea patting his thigh playfully as she got more comfortable, ready to explain what she wanted to say but deciding last minute to keep it simple for him.

"put it this way, i found out that i was a month pregnant in december, what month is before december?" she spoke to him like she spoke to louis when she helped him with learning some maths, her voice soft and gentle as she gazed at him lovingly.

"november." the mclaren driver furrowed his brows slightly, trying to work out the connection.

"and what happens in november?" thea carried on giving him hints, hoping that he'd understand quickly to prevent her from feeling awkward by saying it, even though it was just a simple fact.

"our birthdays."

"exactly, i'll let you work out the rest."

"our babies are conceived from birthday sex." lando gasped, a wide smile growing on his face as he correctly worked it out, his eyes widened as he looked down at thea who was now chuckling at him and his reaction.

"i didn't actually think that you'd say it out loud." thea genuinely laughed, the laughter overpowering the episode of peaky blinders that was on in the background, the birmingham based show being thea's current obsession along with salt and vinegar pringles, lando buying her a few tubs when he found out. the pair chuckling about it for a few more minutes until the laughter died out, thea feeling in the mood to talk about something a bit more serious, despite her bringing up the previous conversation. "maybe its time that we tell people about rosie."

"only if you're up for it, love." lando's tone was full of seriousness, just like thea's, as he knew that this wasn't something to joke about at all and they both knew the time would come soon where they'd have to mention something. "but don't do anything if you feel pressured or uncomfortable."

"i want to, do you?"

"i'll do anything if you're with me." his whisper made thea nuzzle into him, the sweet scent of her strawberry shampoo filling his nose as he kissed the crown of her head, letting his lips linger for a bit. "forever and always."