S I X T E E N

☆

☆.。.:* BABY STEPS .。.:*☆
act three — the time apart
(🪐🕊🏹🐚)

"Everybody come around please, it's time to reveal the gender!" Cassidy got everybody's attention, all those attending the occasion gathering around the area where she was; Thea, who had been talking to Kepa Arrizabalaga and his girlfriend until now, led the pair over to where she could spot the large white balloon.

"How you feeling?" Lando whispered once Thea was close enough for her to hear him, him taking a risk by placing his hand on her back but she made no attempt to remove it, the once familiar touch making her feel soft inside.

"Nervous but very excited, what about you?" Thea told him, looking over at him as they waited for everybody to gather around and it had only been ten minutes since she went but she desperately needed the toilet again. "I need a wee again."

"I'm really excited." The formula one driver said, his eyes scanning over everybody to try and find his son, who was cradled happily in Ben Chilwell's arms. "What are you going for?"

"I've thought we're having a girl since the start so i'm sticking with it." The blonde mother let out a small breath at the thought of her idea not going in her favour; don't get her wrong, she'd be happy no matter what the baby was but she hoped for a daughter after so long.

"You've convinced me it's a girl but we'll see." After a brief debate with himself in his head and after her not moving when he touched her, Lando placed a soft kiss on the side of Thea's head, almost like a weight off of his shoulders when he felt her lean into him.

"I need to ask you something later." Thea whispered to him, making Lando grow curious at what it could be but before he got the chance to ask, Cassidy came over to them.

"Are you ready, loves?" Cassidy came over to the parents, handing them both a small pin so that they were able to actually pop the large balloon. Ever since the whole situation with Lando had come about, Cassidy had had a different opinion on Lando, how could she not when he did that to her little sister but after seeing that Thea was willing to let him back into her life, she was ready to move past it all.

"We would just like to thank you all for being here today, we really appreciate it." Thea smiled brightly as she addressed everybody that was stood in front of her and Lando, her eyes meeting many familiar ones that she still had to have a proper conversation with. "Can i ask who's guessing a baby boy?"

Mason, George, Daniel, Ben, Cassidy and a few other people all raised their hands, Daniel's smile being seen from a mike away which only made Thea's smile grow wider. "And who's going for a baby girl?"