11 | Grief

❝ Let me be the stars you wish upon

❝ Let me be the stars you wish upon. ❞

WAVES OF MISERY rise in those eyes of yours as you look for this depleted soul of mine

WAVES OF MISERY rise in those eyes of yours as you look for this depleted soul of mine. I see your quivering lips parting, but the words drown beneath the whirring noise of rain. I cannot hear you and neither can I speak. You frantically look around, your arms reaching out only to catch the tears of the sky. Agony lingers in your every move and sobs rack your body, you were despairing but I was saying goodbye. The wind was weeping with you and the skies spilled the tears I could not dare to shed. Our love remained, but our hearts cried. You wept and wailed, but you could not see nor hear this bleeding soul of mine. Longing was trickling out of your burning eyes, cascading down your rosy cheeks and sinking into the grieving earth. Fervid sorrow burned through you and a scream tore through your lungs like a million shards of glass. I can hear you now, but you cannot speak. You sank to the ground, hopelessness weighing you down as you kept looking for this weeping soul of mine. I cannot stay, and neither can you. But I cannot speak and you cannot hear! Your heart broke into a thousand pieces and so did mine, so tell me, where am I supposed to live? You were my only home, but you burned it down. Where do I sleep now, where do I rest? The fates are cruel but so are we, oh, so are we! 
Let us part now, we are not meant to be. Do not cry for me and do not remember me. Let the skies cry and let the stars remember, for in another life there might be another you and I. Do not carry me with you, I have no place to stay. Let your tears dry, and let mine flow. Give me your sorrow and all of your grief—Bid me goodbye and let me leave. In another life, I will remind you of our love, but now let this soul of mine go and let yours loose. Say goodbye and let me weep, for I will take away your grief and shed the tears I was not allowed to cry. Bid me farewell and let me go. I cannot stay here and neither can you, but in another world, oh, in another life, there might be another you, another I.