☆*:.。. 𝘚.𝘚𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘈𝘙𝘐𝘖

a short scenario ───

in which kurokawa izana apologises to you for not keeping his promise

gn! reader

_____________________________________

─── 𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗦 of snow began to stack up in the front yard. It was getting colder by day.

"Hey, that's my boots!" You yelled, noticing how your younger brother was secretly hiding your boots in the cabinet with a sneaky smile.

"Whoever gets to touch the snow first wins!"

Izana dashed out leaving you struggling to wear your boots in a hurried manner.

"No fair, you cheated! But it's fine, as the older sibling, I'll let this one pass." You patted his head before beginning to build a snowman.

"That's not true! You always lose against me!" He stuck a tongue out and sat on the snow.

"Y/n, why is everyone leaving me?"

His question caught you off guard.

Averting your full attention on him, you ditched the snowman and sat beside him.

"What do you mean by that? I'm still here Izana!"

He chuckled, looking at you with a tender look.

"I suppose so, let's stick together until we build our own kingdom!" He excitedly stood up and began running around the yard with a wide smile.

Kakucho who had just arrived was confused.

"Let's build a snowman! The person who builds the ugliest snowman has to buy ice cream!"
______________

Right, those were the happier days.

The days where you didn't have to worry about anything.

The days where you didn't have to feel cautious and curious about the world.

It was just you and your younger brother, Izana.

Perhaps, were you being careless? If not, then why are you holding your brother in your arms with never ending tears streaming down the side of your face?

Izana's eyes silently glued onto you.

He didn't want to make things worse but if doesn't hurry, then it'll be too late.

There is one thing where he doesn't envy about Mikey, is because he had you.

You would always look after him, wether he's sick or healthy, happy or sad. It was always you.

Izana was being selfish.

Just why is Shinichiro and Emma were on Mikey's side?

He couldn't understand.

But what was more questioning, was when he saw you and Mikey talking the other day. The both of you looked like you were having fun.

He didn't want to lose you too.

"Y/n-"

"Shut up, Izana."

He flinched, even the rest of the Tenjiku members noticed how Kakucho was shocked from your tone of voice even if he got shot.

"Why can't you just listen to me for once? When I say you shouldn't do it, then don't do it! And now look at the outcome, Izana!"

This heavy feeling in your heart, you knew he wouldn't survive. Not with the amount of bullets were fired and the positions they were in his body.

"I'm sorry."

Your breath hitched, sorry?

"I broke my promise, looks like we won't be playing in the snow this year huh?" He chuckled.

His fingers found their way to the end of your hair as he slightly twirled it around softly.

"Thank you for staying by my side when everybody left. You will always be the best sibling I could ever ask for even though sometimes you're a pain in the ass. I can't let you get hurt, y/n."

"You don't know how precious you are to me."

His eyes never left yours.

You gritted your teeth, clenching your fist in anger and sadness,

"If I'm precious to you then why did you do all of this? We could've just settled for a peaceful life, I don't care if it's only you and me! It's always been like that and you know it."

Your lips were trembling in fear, his skin was getting paler and paler every second.

Izana smiled,

"I'm reckless, I know. But I'll always stay in your heart. So please, don't forget me okay?"

He leaned on you one last time and froze.

His lifeless body stayed in your arms and time had stopped ticking.

Is this the reality?

Losing someone important, has it always been this painful?

It's crazy.

Wasn't it yesterday when the both of you were bickering on what to eat for dinner?

Wasn't it yesterday when Izana had accidentally switched your scarf with his?

Wasn't it yesterday, when he promised to build your own kingdom together?

Where'd all the time go?

"Y/n, he's gone." Ran stood beside you with a grim look, he couldn't imagine the pain you were going through.

That's right, people could only imagine.

But they aren't experiencing the same feeling as you.

You closed Izana's eyes with your hands and hugged him close,

"Hey, where were plans we made for two?"
_______________________________________

A year had passed after the Kanto incident.

Tenjiku disbanded, you never saw Kakucho again.

But today was a special day, it was your birthday. There was no one else you could celebrate with, therefore here you are, sitting beside Izana's grave.

You placed the small cake on your lap, lighting a candle with some random matches you found.

"Happy birthday to me, I guess."

With a swift blow, the candle went out and you took a bite of the cake.

Unstoppable tears rolled down your cheeks,

"I found an old picture of you, it made me smile because it reminded me of us. But then, I started crying because it will never be the same again."

The cold wind breeze gently hits your face as you tuck your head in your knees.

"I miss you, Izana."
__________________

waa I seriously passed out just now T-T I guess my fatigue got to me, so i hope all of you are doing well! Do take rests when needed and eat, drink water, sleep well <3 don't be like me T-T