This feeling [2]

"But you know what ___?"

"...What?"

"We all still love you."

Gaara smiled and looked at you with his deep, green eyes. You saw honesty in them and after your shock was over you calmed down and relaxed.

"Thank you Gaara. You know, for telling me. I really appreciate it."

Smiling at him, you saw him blush a little. 'So he can blush after all.'

"You don't have to thank me ___, it is your right to know the truth."

That was the moment you realized that Gaara wasn't your actual real brother and that you were sitting in a bathtub with a BOY. 'Oh. My. Goodness. WHAT AM I DOING?!' You began to panic as you felt your checks burn up and tried to cover yourself in the most unnoticeable way you could.

"___? What are you trying to achieve, wiggling around like that?"

'Crap, he noticed? What should I say?'

"I, eh... My sitting position got a little uncomfortable."

"Oh, yes that's understandable."

'Great job ___, he believed you!'

"And why are your cheeks so red? Are you... blushing?"

"Eeerm, no of course not, I-I was just... What a wonderful day, isn't it? Haha"

Awkwardly laughing, you tried to change the subject. 'What should I do? I can't let him know... Wait a minute, know WHAT exactly? I don't even know myself. But this pounding in my chest just won't stop!'

"Hey ___..."

"Y-yes?"

"You know, I think I have to tell you something. For a long fime now, I have felt different around you. Whenever I am near you, a weird pounding starts in my chest. Something in there aches and acts like it is going to rip me apart. I have talked about it to Kankuro and Temari before. Can you imagine what they said?"

Your chest ached just like he told you his would do and the pounding got faster.

"What did they tell you?"

"They told me I was in love with you."

The pounding in your chest skipped a beat.

You couldn't believe this. 'Is he pranking me right now? That's nothing he should joke about if he's really pranking me. But Gaara isn't the type of guy to prank people... could he be serious?'

"And ___."

"Y-yes?"

"I think they were right."

Gaara looked straight at you, staring into your eyes like he wants to deliver an important message to you. Still, those eyes were soft and showed that Gaara cared for you. They revealed his real feelings towards you.

"Gaara. I... If the feeling you got was pounding and aching in your chest, then I might be in love with you too."