-32- Playing Mom and Dad

Start from the beginning

"Not fair!" Cat Noir shouts, rubbing his face before catching up with her.

"It's not my fault you're so easily distracted!" Ladybug yells, laughing, wrapping her yo-yo around the tip of the Eiffel Tower. She swings, jumping off into a front flip before landing. Cat Noir falls in step behind her. "I win..."

"Only 'cause you cheated." Cat Noir steps forward, his ankle getting caught in her yo-yo, and he falls forward on Ladybug, sending them to the ground. He lays above her, smirking, and she giggles. "Guess we'll be doing this a lot now"

Laughing, Ladybug sits up and playfully pushes Cat Noir off. They face each other, mesmerized. "I can't believe it's been you this entire time," She whispers, reaching out to touch his mask. "You're like a completely different person."

"No one expects anything out of me as Cat Noir," He says, crossing his arms. "I don't have to worry about being perfect or making sure I do everything right." He leans in until his nose is touching hers. "I for sure thought you couldn't be Ladybug; Marinettte's too clumsy."

"You've thought about who Ladybug could be?"

Cat Noir's eyes widen in shock. "Uh, duh! Every night I tried to figure out who you were. I even went to Alya a few times for help, but we never found out."

"Until the cat got curious and followed me home," Ladybug teases, flicking his bell. "Do you think we'd still end up here if you hadn't followed me home?"

"Not if you were still uptight about our secret identities," Cat Noir jokes, laughing. He stops at Ladybug's glare. "But your stubbornness is one of the things I love about you, Bugaboo."

"You're safe, for now." Ladybug pats his cheek, grinning. "It must have been weird for you to know my secret identity. Wait. Is that why you started flirting with me more?"

Cat Noir grins. "Yep."

"Of course," Ladybug whispers, shaking her head. "You mentioned that you wanted Marinette to fall in love with Cat Noir, to see if I loved both sides of you."

"Yes?"

"Well, I did. I fell in love with Cat Noir after you saved me from Evillustrator." Ladybug reaches for his hand. "So, I guess you got what you wanted after all."

"I knew it wouldn't be long before you fell for my handsome looks and irreistable charm."

Rolling her eyes, Ladybug adds, "And your cat puns."

"Exactly! My cat puns are purrfect." Cat Noir lifts their intwined hands. "I've never realized how small your hands are compared to mine."

"My hands are not that small," Ladybug defends, using her other hand to find his. "Okay. Maybe they're small-"

Cat Noir pulls her forward and kisses her.

"Hey, that was your plan all along!"

"Guilty as charged," He says, winking.

Ladybug leans forward and kisses him again. "My silly Kitty."

***

Adrien and Marinette walk in the streets of Paris, hand in hand.

"I'm sorry for being so rude earlier," He starts, keeping his eyes on the ground. "I should have heard you out first instead of getting so snappy and defensive."

"No, you had every right to be, Adrien." Marinette sighs. "You just have to be careful to not let your emotions get the best of you. If Hawk Moth akumitized you-"