"I don't pay you to think. I pay you to obey, Nathalie." Gabriel steps forward and offers his hand with the peacock miraculous. "Now will you use this, or shall I?"

Nathalie reaches out and takes the brooch. "I will, sir. Duusu, spread my feathers!" In a bright blue and purple flash, she's Mayura again. An amok appears in her hand and she places it in a birthday candle. Arms out, she builds her latest creation, and Senti!Cat-Noir stands before her. "Senti!Cat-Noir, I am Mayura. There is only one task asked of you: discover if Marinette Dupain-Cheng knows Ladybug's secret identity. I will allow you free range to do and say whatever you need without my control, but I will step in if necessary."

Senti!Cat-Noir smiles. "I'll find out what she knows."

***

Marinette, Alya, and Nino arrive at the same time: a half-hour later because their pig-tailed friend doesn't understand time management. Their other friends and classmates are mingling in the foyer, dining hall, and upstairs as music blasts through the mansion. They all set the presents on the table by the door.

"I hope Adrien's not mad we're late," Marinette comments, looking for him.

"If Adrien even knows if we're here," Nino jokes, gesturing around. "There's almost a hundred people here."

"Marinette!" Adrien runs downstairs, excited to see his girlfriend after a tough morning, and gives her the biggest hug. "I missed you."

Alya clears her throat. "Nino and I are here, too, you know."

"Right." Adrien hugs Alya and then a handshake with Nino. "Thanks for coming guys. I didn't even notice you guys are late."

"You can thank Miss I-Don't-Have-Anything-To-Wear-Even-Though-I'm-A-Fashion-Designer here," Alya teases, laughing.

Marinette rolls her eyes. "I'm not apologizing for having taste."

"You look amazing, anyway," Adrien tells her, smiling. I love you, too. He wants to say those words to her so bad, but just for her to hear. Honestly, he didn't want to be teased by his classmates right now and make Marinette uncomfortable.

An hour in and the birthday is in full party mode. Everyone heads out front to the makeshift dance floor, with Nino as DJ, of course. Alya waves a hand at her boyfriend, gesturing to Marinette and Adrien standing by the gate. Nino nods with a thumbs up. The song suddenly changes. Their song plays. Marinette and Adrien stop talking and immediately recognize their song.

"Did you plan this?" Adrien asks.

Marinette glances behind him and sees Alya and Nino whispering to each other. "No, but I think they did."

"Still, it's thoughtful. Come on." Adrien grabs her hand and leads over to the middle of the dance floor. His hands on her waist and her hands around his neck. "I love dancing with you," He whispers in her eyes, pulling her closer. "You're the best dance partner I've ever had."

Marinette blushes. "We'll be dancing to this song at our wedding," She jokes, instantly turning red as she realizes what she said out loud. "Ha! What? I-I mean..."

Adrien chuckles and rests his face into her neck, smiling. "This is the best birthday ever."

***

Marinette stands behind her friends, hiding Adrien's present behind her back as he opens the rest. She's spent the last three weeks sketching, designing, and crafting another scarf for him. She's too nervous to give it in front of everyone, though, and doesn't want her friends teasing them. The last thing she needs to be embarrassed in front of everyone, including her sweet boyfriend. Adrien looks over, waiting for her gift, and raises a questioning eyebrow as she shakes her head fast. Her phone starts ringing, and she steps out of the room to answer. "Hello?" She whispers, peeking out to watch Adrien.