Chapter 17

-Nathan's POV-

Right. This is stupid. This whole situation is stupid.

Ray and I are currently sitting in detention class during our lunch break. Why? Let's just say a teacher was being petty as hell. I think you know who it is. We were glaring at the said teacher that was sitting in front, making sure we did whatever nonsense paper that he gave us. Seriously.

Let's look back a bit so that you know what happened.

Remember the girl he was hooking up in his office? Let's name her Bitch A. So, Bitch A went back and talked about how I interrupted her moment with Mr. Knight. Bitch B and Bitch C were mad about it and started to confront us in class. Bitch Queen overheard and sauntered over. She told me and Ray that we need to know our place like the low-classed beings we are. Ray got upset and called Bitch Queen names which happens to be overheard by my dear ex-mate.

Bitch Queen fake cries to Mr. Knight and said that we were bullying them. And who does he believe? Not me of course. I was the horrid mate for leaving him and breaking his heart, according to him. And that was how we landed in this situation. I clicked my tongue and threw my pencil on the table. I had enough of this stupid paper and this stupid situation.

"Mr. Skye, I'm going to give you a warning against misconduct during detention." Terui sternly warned us, which earned an exasperated sigh from Ray.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." He groaned out loud and rolled his eyes. "First, we saved an idiot, learn about a threat, and said idiot decides to punish us because some slut couldn't get in his pants?"

"Ray Deltrich. Watch your mouth or you'll be explaining to your parents why you got a suspension from school." Terui warned with a dangerous look in his eyes.

"Say, Nathan. Are you sure he is your mate? He is lacking a serious amount of brain cells." Ray complained while looking at me. I looked down at my desk, desperately suppressing a burst of laughter that was threatening to come out.

"Watch your mouth Mr. Deltrich. This is my final warning for you." Terui Growled out.

"Listen to the 'man' Ray." I said mockingly, dragging out 'man' for as long as I can. "And he was my mate. I want nothing to do with him now." A glint of disappointment flashed in Terui's eyes but I no longer feel the need to care for him.

"Listen here you little..." Terui's phone sharply interrupts his angry speech. "What is it!" He growled out with annoyance. His expression immediately soured even more. His eyes twitch and you could even see the phone starting to crack from how hard he was gripping it.

"Keep an eye on those two idiots, I'll settle you later after I have dealt with them." He threw his phone against the wall, packed his stuff, and left. Me and Ray looked at each other and shrugged at the outburst.

"Now, let's go home." And he dragged me out of the class.

Alex and dad were chatting happily in the living room when I got back but I didn't miss the instant mood lift that Alex had when he saw me. Was he really that happy that he found me? I ignored the thought and headed in.

"Nathan, Alex said he has called for reinforcement. We will be heading to the airport to get them." Dad shouted as I walked up the stairs. I whined but said nothing. They're going to make me go regardless of if I wanted it or now. After all, my safety is their top priority.

We got into my dad's minivan with Alex at the shotgun seat while I sat at the back. Throughout the ride, I could feel Alex stealing glances. Odd but I decided not to say anything about it. I looked at dad and he has an amused look on his face, obviously aware of what Alex is doing but not bothering to ask why.