«30 - I'm On My Way»

Beginne am Anfang

What would he know...

"That is irrelevant at the moment. What happened here? This area was ruled by Lord Lucal Wesker and Lord Mel Stefano. It should be one of their large territories inside the city." A black-haired Emo vampire says in a cold, monotone voice.

He kneels down and places a hand on the ground, pinching some soil. When he brings it back to his line of sight,
"A vampire was killed here. Did these humans do it?"

"...No way. Unless you're implying that mere humans can stand against vampire nobles!" The other one looks shocked as he denies it.

"Hey! All the vampires stationed underground have been massacred!"

"What's going on here?! Some of the livestock said a pack of humans wearing military uniform showed up and murdered Lord Stefano!" Another in the background says.

The two friends of this vampire look shocked while he only looks curious.

"Seriously? But he was a Noble!" The purple-haired one goes on, "This mission sure took a turn for the weird, didn't it? Maybe we should start worrying."

"True. They're only humans, but it is always wise to be cautious on the battlefield. For now, let us move out. From here... the closest Noble's seat is... Nagoya City Hall."

Oh no!

Hearing that, I take my first instinct and grab the knife next to me.

"Hm?" The other vampires look to me as I grip the knife around the blonde one's neck.

"Freeze!! All of you!! Move and I kill him!!"
"Hey, wait a minute! That one's still alive, Mika." The Violet one asks.
"Capture it. It can tell us things."

I'm not an 'it'!

"I said don't move!! You don't want him to die, do you?!" I threaten further.

"Haha! Look at the dumb little thing. It's clueless. We really don't care if Mika lives or dies."

Mika turns to me and says,
"...Why did you move?"

"Right now, Private Yuichiro Hyakuya... is headed for Nagoya City Hall to save Private (Y/n) Gracefield. If you vampires were to head over there... all of the humans there, including those two, will be killed. Don't go. Please."

Mika grabs me by the arm while I panic from the quick movement,
"Why trust me?" He asks.

"Because of what you said. You called the rookies 'Yu' and '(N/n)'. That's a nickname. I'm betting on the hope that that means you're close. Protect him, vampire. Don't let the bloodsuckers go to the City Hall. And before you-"

Crunch.

He broke my wrist.

"Ooh, ouch."

I scream out, holding my wrist tightly.

"All the other humans chose death. But you didn't. Instead, you played dead to save your own pathetic life. That's already a betrayal of your comrades. In the end, you just didn't want to die, right? Filthy, shameless human. If your really want to live that badly, talk. Sell out your companions for real. Where are the rest of the humans who destroyed this place."

I need to play along for the others,
"Y-you're right! I don't want to die! Please don't kill me!!"

The vampire throws me back to add realism, "Agh!"
I kneel over, coughing.

"If you don't want to die, talk." He goes on.
"P-please... If I talk... will you promise not to kill me, sir?"
"I won't... if you tell me everything."