«4 - An Unlikely Pair»

A/N: Hey hey! Finally introducing pink-haired Tsukishima I'm so glad I can finally put all these funny parts with (Y/n) and Kimizuki!

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

As I stroll down the school hallway to pick up a few things from my locker, a tall guy with blonde hair and glasses knocks into me.

I turn to meet him, but he only tries to disappears down the hall.
"Oi! Aren't you going to apologise?" I growl, chasing after him.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't see you down there." He snickers.
"Oho! I'll show you some manners, smartass!"

«•»

"Geez, that dude was a jerk. Glad I taught him a damn lesson..." I mumble while I wait for Yuu.

I touch my cheek as it stings from a punch that caught me off guard.

I look around to see Yuu and Yoichi coming into view. As I'm about to wave them over, I take a look at Yuu's face to see bruises.

"Just. Great." I sigh.
As soon as Yuu sees me, he tries to run away, but I walk over and grab him by the hair.

"Oi! What's with your face?!" I ask.
"Ow! What about yours!" He responds, tapping my cheek.

"...If you don't tell Shinoa, I'll cover for you." I grin, bringing him closer.

By the time we get back, there'll be no sign of bruises.

We get back to the building with a sign hanging over and the words saying,

Moon Demon Company Barracks

"So, are you gonna tell me who did it?" I ask Yuu, as we walk in.
"A telephone pole with nasty, squinty eyes."

At that, I roll my eyes and continue walking until reaching a grand door. I look down the dark hallway way to see a small figure approaching.

"Morning, Shinoa." I greet.
"Good morning, (Y/n)." Shinoa greets back.

Yuu and Yoichi look over as Shinoa says,
"You're late."
"Huh? Oh, hey, Shinoa." Yuu greets.

"Oh my. Look at your face. So you'd like to be suspended again, hmm?" Shinoa enquires.
"I didn't get into a fight! Nope, not me!"

"Ahahah, alright, alright. Anyway, the day has finally arrived." Shinoa smiles.

My grin reaches widely and my eyes light up with excitement.

"Yeah! It's finally here! Today we finally start training classes... for the Moon Demon Company!" Yoichi says it all, reading my mind.

"I don't need training. Just put me on the front lines already." Yuu complains, "Ow!"

"Quit being a sourpuss and go through these classes! What will I ever do with you..." I sigh after slapping Yuu on the head.

"It's fine, (Y/n). As you wish, Yuu, go to the frontlines, but as you won't attend training, you won't receive a uniform or weapon. Feel free to go straight to the battlefield." Shinoa smirks.

"That'd leave me practically naked!!"
"Well, you wanted to go to the frontlines that bad, so..." I reply.
"Yeah, yeah."

"Come on. Let's go. I'll show you where the classroom is."

Shinoa opens the entrance to the training facility where the classes are being held and we head inside to make our way to class.

"Oh boy. Oh geez. Now I'm really starting to get nervous." Yoichi mumbles.
"What for? This is training, so you don't have to be the best as soon as you arrive, like us." I say.