«2 - Moon Demon Company»

•4 Years Later/Tokyo, Shibuya

I stroll under the night sky as my black cape trails behind me. Broken buildings surround me as I stand by Yuu.

"Hey, Yuu. You're gonna get suspended for this, you know." I say, watching him grip his katana.
"As if Guren would even care about that." He replies as I sigh.

Suddenly, rumbling comes crashing down as a monster emerges from a building.

Two men wearing the same uniform as us step in between us and the monster.

"Dammit...! That's a Four Horsemen Of John!"
"Private Yuuichiro Hyakuya! Private (Y/n) Gracefield! What are you doing?! Run away-"

"Hahaha. Run?" I giggle softly before turning to the monster and taking my katanas out of their sheath.

"Who do you think you're talking to? I live for nothing but revenge against those bloodsuckers! What am I gonna do... if I can't handle small fry like this monster!" Yuu yells, unsheathing his own katana and turning to meet the monster.

We race forward, slicing the Four Horsemen Of John straight through the middle as a rain of blood splatters down.

"'Only live for revenge'? What about your precious wife." I snicker.
"Shut up! You're not my wife!"
"I could be." I smirk.

"That idiot...! He disobeyed orders again!"
"If only Private Gracefield wouldn't encourage it..."

Next Day/Shibuya High School #2

We sit in class as I doodle in my notebook.

How annoying. I know all of this already... Too easy. Why was I even suspended?! This is all idiot Yuu's fault.

"What's a soldier like me doing in a normal high school anyway? The only thing I'm interested in is revenge. Nothing else matters." Yuu sighs.
"Hey! Don't I matter, idiot Yuu?"
"Shut up."

"What are the two of you mumbling about, Yuuichiro Hyakuya and (Y/n) Gracefield? You do realise we're in the middle of class?"

Yuu only glares at the teacher while I laugh.

"Please, I know all this already. I could probably teach the class."

The teacher just looks at me surprised then smirks, pushing up his glasses.

"I'll ask you a series of questions then. Get one wrong and you're expelled."

"Hmm? Expel me if you want. I don't care that much."
"Yeah! That's be awesome! Expel us!! (N/n)! Get the question wrong, pleaase!" Yuu exclaims, jumping out his seat.

"Nah, that'd be annoying. I'll just ace it and nap or something."

"What?! Are you mocking me?! I was letting you off easy because you just transferred in, but keep that behaviour up and I'll-"
"You'll what? Call our parents?" I snicker.

"(N/n), don't be so hard on him."
"Awh, the husband is caring for her lovely wife." I snicker.

A girl then taps Yuu, getting his attention as the teacher goes back to the lesson, clearly frustrated with our behaviour.

She's quite petite. Maybe 150cm at most. She has violet, shoulder-length hair with the front parted out and the rest, with two braids, going to the back of her hair and a dull purple bow to keep it together. Her big, brown eyes stick out a lot as well.