Your hands are shaking. Your finger shifts to the trigger.

Magath's eyes flicker up to you. "We'll listen before we shoot," he says, putting his gun away. "Assuming your comrade is willing to do the same."

"Logan," Hange urges quietly.

It takes a moment- a painfully long moment for you to collect yourself before you lower the rifle back to your hip. You hook it into the spot on your belt, scowling to yourself. "Fine."

Magath stares at you for another moment before he looks back to Levi. "You said you'd kill Zeke. Where is he now?"

Hange answers for him. "My guess is that he's trying to win over Eren so that he can use his royal blood. Well... win over the founding titan."

"Seems like you know all, Titan Doctor Hange," Pieck says. It's the first time you've heard her speak, and your shoulders rise. Her voice is unexpectedly soft- she's quite calm. "Even more than Marley. Have you seen this founding titan for yourself?"

They shake their head. "I know it's unbelievably large, and that it seems impossible to conquer, so... we just have to do this together. Let's combine forces. You get it, right?"

There's a painful pause. Your hand lowers back to your gun.

"Fine," Magath says, and your shoulders slump. "It seems that this is our best course of action."

"And you're okay with this, Logan?"

You glance up to Pieck. She doesn't look concerned or worried; her face is serene. She's watching you carefully. You don't reply, narrowing your eyes at her.

Her lips twitch. "You're not my biggest fan. I think that's clear."

"I'll manage," you force out.

Pieck regards you for another minute, and you resist the urge to raise the rifle and shoot her in the face. She'd heal, right? "We're allies, then," Pieck confirms, glancing back to Hange. "You have a suggestion for our next course of action?"

"Gathering our allies," Hange says immediately. Clearly, they've thought this through. "We both have people on our sides that oppose the Jaegerists stuck in Shiganshina. They could be locked up or temporarily cooperating. Either way, we need to get them out of the city and with us so that we can regroup and figure out our next move."

"How do you expect to grab them if they're prisoners?" Magath asks, eyebrows raising. "That's a high scale operation. The cart titan isn't fit for stealth and the three of you don't appear to be in ideal shape."

"I pick locks," you cut in.

Magath and Pieck look back to you. "You pick locks," the commander repeats.

You nod. "Yeah."

"And she does it well," Hange says, backing you up. "If anyone's a prisoner, she can get them out. You're looking at some of the best thieves that this island has ever had."

"Impressive," Pieck says, and you feel your shoulders rise, "but you're injured. Aren't you?"

You glance down at your foot. It's heavily bandaged still, but besides the bandaged cut on the side of your face, that's the only visible injury. "I'll make do if I have to," you argue, eyes narrowed. "I can't heal like you do, but I'll be fine."

She hums. "Alright."

She's... surprisingly agreeable. Every titan shifter from Marley that you've dealt with- Reiner, Bertolt, Annie, Zeke, even Galliard- has been difficult to barter with. Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie spied on you for years and then ravaged the scouts- Reiner went as far as trapping you in his mouth. Zeke's got firm ideals and nearly got you and Levi killed because of how bullheaded he is. Galliard, although you've never met him as a human, was arrogant and ferocious in his titan form.